Notices

Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #31
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkian
Thanks guys. Really looking forward to getting it now. I keep checking up on the UPS shipping tracker, it's in Philadelphia now.

Anyone choose UPS and had it shipped to the UK? I'm hoping that UPS will pick the parcel up here instead of ParcelFarce.
While tracking the shipment of my reader it changed from FedEx to USPS in the middle of the routing. First time that has happened on one of my shipments. We have a rural mail box that is out of site of the house so I had some concern of it setting in the mail box after delivery. At least in the USA the postal service does not add sales tax. I am not sure where import duties are assessed.

Last edited by NormB; 02-02-2007 at 11:48 AM.
NormB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #32
Tenkian
Enthusiast
Tenkian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
It's arrived in England at the Airport at East midlands.... that was quick! It's has now "RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT"

Shouldn't be too long now unless it's like the last thing I ordered from the US, customs held it for over a week
Tenkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #33
Tenkian
Enthusiast

Got it this morning £60 charge though

It's working and i'm hunting for some of my existing paperbacks in e format. My 2GB SD card also came this morning, looks like I will be spending most of the day converting html & rtf books into the reader format.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #34
Simjockey
Simjockey began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Got mine yesterday. Enjoying the experience so far, now to start experimenting with all the apps that have been developed to convert content.

Impressed with the device and now considerin my next move - dremmel and lightwedge??
Simjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #35
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simjockey
Got mine yesterday. Enjoying the experience so far, now to start experimenting with all the apps that have been developed to convert content.

Impressed with the device and now considerin my next move - dremmel and lightwedge??
Well let us know how the lightwedge comes out if you do indeed dremmel it.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #36
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
...looks like I will be spending most of the day converting html & rtf books into the reader format.
Just out of curiosity: since the Reader handles RTF files natively, why are you planning to convert them to something else?

Glad y'all's readers got there okay!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:02 AM   #37
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
mine apparebtly is scheduled for deliver on the 5th, MONDAY, so I think I will take the day off work and sit in and wait for it.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:42 AM   #38
Tenkian
Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Just out of curiosity: since the Reader handles RTF files natively, why are you planning to convert them to something else?

Glad y'all's readers got there okay!
So it does

Is there an easy way to change the font and size as default on RTF docs as it's a bit small and I prefer times new roman for reading.

I know I should probably read the manual.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:10 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Is there an easy way to change the font and size as default on RTF docs as it's a bit small and I prefer times new roman for reading.
Only in Word - basically just select the entire text and change the font and size to whatever you prefer. General consensus seems to be that a text size of about 16pt is what most people find to be about right for the Reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #40
stxopher
Nameless Being

Well, Word and Word-pad both have the "increase font by 1" function. Now if only Open Office would do something like that (you know, for us cheap and low end people).
Old 02-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #41
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stxopher
Well, Word and Word-pad both have the "increase font by 1" function. Now if only Open Office would do something like that (you know, for us cheap and low end people).
How about just *select all* and then right click and click on font size and change it and resave it? I guess I don't have problems because all the books that I do have here are ready to go, I am just resizing them and perhaps changing the font for the reader. But I just did what I said above to a book saved in .rtf format, changed it to tiimes new roman and then changed the font to 18, resaved and it worked.

Of I guess I am not understanding what all is going on here and of course some of it I am seeing here is confusing the heck out of me as well.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #42
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stxopher
Actually it can be done in Open office as well. I just resized a book that I had.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #43
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The only drawback I see to the approach you mention, Karen, is that it changes all the text to the specified font size, so things such as the chapter headings (which may have been larger) are the same size as the rest of the text. Of course, there's nothing that says you have to care if that's the case -- if it doesn't bother you, that approach is certainly very easy and straightforward.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #44
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Yea, well the chapter headings and stuff wouldn't bother me. As long as the book is still readable it really doesn't matter to me.

I'm easy......... LOL..... as far as the books go that is <G>
Old 02-05-2007, 04:45 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
The only drawback I see to the approach you mention, Karen, is that it changes all the text to the specified font size, so things such as the chapter headings (which may have been larger) are the same size as the rest of the text. Of course, there's nothing that says you have to care if that's the case -- if it doesn't bother you, that approach is certainly very easy and straightforward.
That's exactly what I do with all my Baen books - just select all the text and set 16pt Arial. I'm not bothered about the different font sizes for titles, etc.

You're a fellow Baen fan aren't you, Nat? What do you do with them?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote