Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
granturissimus
Enthusiast
granturissimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Question on sending gifts from Amazon UK site

I'd like to buy a gift for someone in UK, but I don't know their address. I do know the email address of the friend I'd like to buy the gift for. Is there a way for me to buy the gift and have them send an email to my friend (which I will provide) that there is a gift waiting for them and they need to fill out their address?
granturissimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I don't think you can gift to someone in another country, because the book rights are different in different countries.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
I don't think that gifting something without knowing the recipient's address is possible (unless you are buying off someone's Amazon Wishlist or buying an online gift card).

(From your post I'm guessing that you are talking about gifting something other than ebooks. Hopefully a Kindle, as then this would be less off-topic.)
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
granturissimus
Enthusiast

Yes, buying a Kindle as gift.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
granturissimus
Enthusiast

I found my friend's wishlist on amazon uk, but kindle is not on there, is there a way i could still buy it for my friend even though it's not on the wish list?
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #6
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by granturissimus View Post
I found my friend's wishlist on amazon uk, but kindle is not on there, is there a way i could still buy it for my friend even though it's not on the wish list?
I googled it and someone suggested adding to the cart something from the wishlist and also the Kindle and then deleting the other item later in the checkout process. I haven't tried this myself so I have no idea if this works, but I guess it's worth a try.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I don't think you can gift to someone in another country, because the book rights are different in different countries.
I don't know about sending actual gifts, but sending gift certificates to someone in another country is no problem at all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote