Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-14-2018, 08:08 PM   #1
userwack
userwack began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to sync all files under a calibre entry to ereader?

I have copied my library to my kobo mini, and have noticed that in the cases where I have both pdf and epub versions of a book, calibre has only synced the epub version.

I assume there is an option to tell calibre to sync both versions but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
userwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:08 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No, there isn't an option to send both at the same time. The driver configuration includes a list of formats that can be sent to the device. The order of the list is the priority in which they are chosen and the first on the list will be sent.

If you want to send the other formats, you need to select the books and use "Send specific format to". This is on the menu for the "Send to device" button or the right-click menu on in the library list. With that, you get a list of available formats. Select the you want and press the OK button. The books will be sent.

But, personally, I would recommend against PDFs on the Kobo Mini. Unless they have been formatted for the small screen size, reading a PDF on a Mini won't be a good experience. You are much better to read the epub version or convert it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:13 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will only send one filetype for any book to a device. You can control which one it sends by right lcicking the device icon in calibre and choosing configure this device. So if for some reason you really want two files fo rthe same book on your reader you can do it by changing that setting repeatedly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote