Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Can the Kindle display special characters that calibre cannot

That is, I am converting a number of Spanish books in Calibre right now. Calibre does not seem able to display some of the characters, such as accented letters. I get the <?> looking character when I try to read the book in the Calibre viewer. If I read these books on a Kindle but the characters are in the Kindle's charset, will I see the <?> or the correct character? If you need clarification about what I am asking please ask. Thank you!
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its highly unlikely that calibre's viewer wont display characters in spanish. Your file probbaly has misencoded the characters. Read the entry in the calibre FAQ to learn how to convert documents with non english characters.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert