Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
Landscape handle (or reader case mod) for the prs505

Hi all

Introducing my landscape handle (or reader case mod) for the prs505 to make one-handed reading in landscape mode more comfortable:

{see pic below}

Why I made it: one-handed reading is comfortable in portrait mode, but in landscape mode I find the naked reader uncomfortable as the reader's weight is off- centre when held with the left hand.

Now the side page forward/back button is conviniently under my thumb when held with only the left or right hand. The reader isn't fixed to the handle, it's just held at the sides and bottom.

Here it has an optional counterweight at the base of handle to bring the centre of gravity to the middle of the users hand (more comfortable for longer use).

{see pic below}

Just thought I'd share
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	563.7 KB
ID:	28982   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	591.0 KB
ID:	28983   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	528.9 KB
ID:	28984  

Last edited by gregcd; 05-14-2009 at 04:32 PM.
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Nice!
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Great idea, but don't you find the Lego's a little...um, visually cluttering?

Seems like a nice carved oak version would be easier to grip, and less distracting.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Nicely done!
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Great idea, but don't you find the Lego's a little...um, visually cluttering?

Seems like a nice carved oak version would be easier to grip, and less distracting.
An oak version would be great; i'd take it with me when I go out of the house too (unlike this version).
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert