Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Why do I have to keep logging in?

For some reason every time I want to post a message I have to log in again, even if I logged in to start with. I had to log in 3 times today. I. to start, again when I wanted to join a group, and again to post. Probably be 4 when I try to post this.

Is this normal or am I doing somethng wrong?

Some people here post lots of messages I can't see them having to log in again to post each one. They be driven crazy.

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hi, Laine!

I've noticed that when I log in from work. The only different there from home is that on my home computer I've got the box checked that says something like "remember me". Since I'm logged in I can't see it. But I think it's right below the password box when you log in.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Laine, what FizzyWater said is right. There is a safe cookie placed on your computer that the MobileRead program will look for to identify you. Some work sites and public places block all cookies and this situation develops.

You may want to check your security level, some setting ban all cookies. Also, are you running a anti-spyware program that clears out all cookies from your system? If the level is set high enough I have had all cookies (including MobileRead purged from my system. (It was my first time using CCCleaner.)

Check out these possible solutions and PM me if the problem still exists.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Let us know if , when you check that 'remember me' box, your problem is solved or not.

That did it for me when i first started..
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I think it will be my virus program. I download updates every day and scan the hard drive every week. I think all the cookies get thrown out every scan.

I'll just have to keep signing in - it's safer for the computer.

Thanks, Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I think it will be my virus program. I download updates every day and scan the hard drive every week. I think all the cookies get thrown out every scan.
There's really no reason to. Cookies are perfectly "safe" - they can only store information that YOU have entered.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Cookies are perfectly "safe" - they can only store information that YOU have entered.
This is not entirely correct. Websites that you visit can store anything they want in cookies on your computer. In the case of MobileRead, they may be used for authenticating and session tracking; in many other cases, though, they are used to track your browsing behaviour and to produce user profiles - especially when tracking is done across multiple domains using third-party cookies.

There is also the threat of cookie hijacking which could allow an attacker who is sniffing your network or doing cross-site scripting to steal sensitive information (such as a token used for authentication).
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This thread comes up several times.

You need to use "remember me" so you have a persistent cookie. Many "safe browsing" tools will remove session cookies.

Also, if you do have something that removes persistent cookies you can usually create an exception for a certain domain or URL.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote