Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #16
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
No, I was actually talking about the pixels defined in the div container.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #17
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I'd prefer forced pagebreaks. Even with large screens, I think short poems are better displayed one per page. (If we were talking of large stanzas of a single poem, that might be different.)
+1 This would be my preference too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Hi Luke; IMHO you should use forced pagebreaks and center "vertically" the poems.
Personally I'd prefer them not centred vertically, but to use some white space at the top of each page. Perhaps you could simply use something like margin-top:2em on the title paragraph of each poem. I think that this should work whether portrait or landscape.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
No, I was actually talking about the pixels defined in the div container.
Yes, and I guess you mean that 700px will be too small in an HD screen, right?

But the fact is that 700px should be about the same size, regardless of the screen resolution, as according to the CSS spec the "px" unit is not a screen pixel, but something that depends only on the "normal" viewing distance (I don't recall the exact definition).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote