Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Exorcise your earworm

So, what’s your earworm?

Not what you’re listening to; rather, the tune you can’t get out of your head. It’s my hope by posting here that I and others will be able to rid themselves of an unwelcome inhabitant. You’ll note I couldn’t possibly be setting the bar lower than with my current earworm.

PS: If you post YouTube links in spoiler tags, the page loads faster.

Spoiler:
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:20 PM   #2
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Jim Yosef - Firefly pt. II
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2021, 01:11 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin 7th; Fire7 9th; Show 5; Moto E6; ClipZip
An insidious assault upon the senses

Spoiler:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Horrible memories of Disneyland and "It's a Small World". The kids loved the boat ride, I had that <expletives deleted> tune stuck in my head for what seemed like forever.

Spoiler:
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Horrible memories of Disneyland and "It's a Small World". The kids loved the boat ride, I had that <expletives deleted> tune stuck in my head for what seemed like forever.

Spoiler:
Hahahaaa, same here
Advert
Old 02-04-2021, 12:45 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin 7th; Fire7 9th; Show 5; Moto E6; ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Spoiler:
I loved the song and listening to it never grows old.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #7
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
If you want to get rid of an ohrwurm, try singing "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head."
arjaybe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:35 PM   #8
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
No specific songs, but before I retired I would often wake up with the alarm clock radio playing some horrible advertisement jingle that would rattle around in my head for hours!
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:02 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
No specific songs, but before I retired I would often wake up with the alarm clock radio playing some horrible advertisement jingle that would rattle around in my head for hours!
Relatedly, my head has a 48 hour time loop. Some song that I haven't heard in a long while will play on my alarm -- possibly even before I'm awake enough to know I'm hearing it -- and 2 days later I'll be humming that tune.

It also works for church songs - on Tuesday, I'll find I'm humming them again.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:00 PM   #10
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot

Vicetone & Tony Igy - Astronomia. AAAAARGH, I hate earworms!