Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-31-2021, 01:56 AM   #43006
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Talking to a friend of mine who is in long term care. He is one of the few residents who has not received the Covid vaccine since he had a mild case just before Christmas. Hopefully, the number of outbreaks in long term care will now be much reduced.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #43007
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Putting in an order at a small online embroidery store. They finally had the DMC colour card (a brand of embroidery thread) in stock. I also ordered a cross stitch kit for my sister. She said she like the series of three flowers, so I picked one (the easiest), I'm also getting her a ball tip needle (easier to find the holes in the fabric) and a cute needle minder (magnetic needle storage). I'll also give her one of my hoops, which it seems I've been hoarding.

I did this because I like giving gifts, but also because I regularly stay at her place during the weekend and she won't let me bring anything to eat/snack lately.

After putting in the order I need to decide what to watch tonight, and when watching I'm going to work on my latest project; a travel poster variation of the "I Want to Believe" poster from The X-Files. Now I think I also know what I want to watch, LOL.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 04:27 PM   #43008
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Watching an online seminar on installing and securing wireless networks with IEEE 802.11ax (AKA Wi-Fi 6). Sadly, not enough WiFi 6 devices around at the moment to allow any testing on how much better it will handle large numbers of devices connected to the same AP.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:50 AM   #43009
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Later this afternoon I'm going to my sister for a movie/game weekend. I had planned to return on Sunday evening. But it's going to snow a lot from Saturday evening. So I'll probably end up staying an extra night and have my father pick my up Monday morning.

I'm tempted to bring my cross stitch project bag, but I'll limit myself to bringing my bottle of fray check so I can use it on the edges of the fabric on her kit. That'll make it easier for her to stitch.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #43010
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Huh - I never thought of using fray check. I used to machine zig-zag or serge the edges of my cross stitch cloth. Lately, my kits have come with a serged border, and that has been sufficient. Since I'm into fabric, I don't even put frames on them. I want to see that it's fabric.

If my internet ever improves, I was going to upload a photo of my one wall, with 9 cross stitches on it. (Others are sprinkled all over) Maybe later ....
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #43011
poohbear_nc
What Next?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well, almost a year to the day, I finally got a haircut! NC closed the hair salons the day before my regular appointment in 2020. My doctor green lighted the hair cut a week after my 2nd dose, which I had a robust response to.

I've looked like an aging hippie of late, wearing a pony tail. Good thing I'm working from home.

Walking out to the car, now my neck is cold!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?