Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #826
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm sure there are people who get their money's worth from iPhones (and other Apple products) but I'm not one of them. Much as I despise Samsung (my Samsung "smart" TV is only smart enough to make my life miserable in ways I never even thought possible), my $50 Tracfone Galaxy J7 is actually not bad. The readability of the Kindle app exceeds my expectations. Listening to Overdrive-sourced audiiobooks with a $18 Newbee bluetooth earpiece while walking with the free Underarmor MapMyWalk app gives me everything I want from a "smart"phone. Probably other Android phones would have worked as well but I have to give Samsung credit.

FWIW, I also have an old Samsung WiFi digital camera designed to work with Win8. When Win10 came out it wasn't supported, and for years the WiFi only worked intermittently. Now, with no firmware updates that I'm aware of, it has worked flawlessly for over a year.

Pretty much everyone I know has an iphone but as far as I can tell none of them are getting any more bang for their buck than I am with my cheapo Tracfone.
cc_in_oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:50 PM   #827
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
I mean, FWIW, I'm not fond of Apple devices...
Elektron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:49 PM   #828
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
LastPass decided to lock the ability to use it on both computers and mobile devices behind a paywall. For free tier, you have to pick one or the other.

Well, I was looking for an excuse to switch anyways. Bitwarden looks good so far.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-17-2021 at 03:37 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:30 PM   #829
binaryhermit
Wizard
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, so-called "All-New Kindle" (AKA 10th gen)
If I were a user of LastPass I'd be telling them where to shove their product...
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:32 PM   #830
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I can recommend Bitwarden. Moving all my passwords over was pretty easy, just export a CSV from LastPass and then import it in. (Do an overwrite-delete on the CSV to be on the safe side.)
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:23 AM   #831
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O2, iPadMini4, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
[iPhone](2) having to use iTunes on your computer to put items on/off your phone,
This is not a thing any more. I just Airdrop files back and forth when I want to.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote