Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
anni
Banned
anni began at the beginning.

Device: no
need registry cleaner software? [Locked]

can anybody tell me the best registry cleaner software which cannot effect the function of our system?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anni View Post
can anybody tell me the best registry cleaner software which cannot effect the function of our system?
If there aren't critical errors, there's no real need to clean the registry.
You can save a few kilobytes of RAM, but do you really need it?

Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I don't like leftovers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
If there aren't critical errors, there's no real need to clean the registry.
You can save a few kilobytes of RAM, but do you really need it?

I reallyreallyreally dislike software that leaves hsit behind after I delete it using the 'uninstall program' function. If possible I always remove folders/files and registry entries that I will never use again. My system is cluttered enough as it is.

Trying to uninstall software that doesn't work, you finally have to get hold of their support team, who recommend some kind of level3 or level4 deletion of their software. I could rant on this for days or weeks, the same amount of time that I've spent on the phone trying to solve problems with their so-called experts!

My operating system help tells me not to run any registry cleaning software because the file is so small, and because some of the freebees have been known to carry viruses with them, but I still try to keep things tidy, that's just what I *have* to do.

Rant done. WDE
Old 01-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
A well-regarded and easy-to-use cleaner is PC Tools' Registry Mechanic which runs at bootup. I use it on all our computers. It is easy, safe, and runs by itself.

For a more thorough cleaning, we use jv16 Power Tools, but this is more for someone who knows what they are doing.

Another simple-to-use and well-regarded Registry cleaner is part of CCleaner, which we use daily to not to clean up the Registry but to clean out temporary Internet files, cookies, etc. CCleaner is free for personal use.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
shivatech
Banned
shivatech began at the beginning.

Device: no
this is the best software of registry error cleaning

Deleted by Mod

Registry error cleaner provides you with best registry cleaner software ever. It scans your system registry for any errors and removes them without having any effect on the functionality of your system. By fixing these obsolete information in Windows Registry, your system will run faster and error free. It will allow you to eliminate annoying error messages, improve system performance and remove unused application remains.
You can get this registry cleaner software at Deleted by Mod

Last edited by RWood; 01-23-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Spam, deleted URLs
Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I'm always leery of any software, including registry cleaners, that offer *free downloads*, only later to discover that it will only complete it's full function if you *pay* for the full license $$$. On principle, if I can't test out the *whole* working software (I'm ok with a full working version expiring in say 30 days), then I'll just back out of any so-called *free download*.

Personally, I consider this to be misrepresentation in advertising. That's just my point of view.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Since this thread is unutterably silly, I'm going to make it so:

Sorry, anni, but if you're reading this, the only way to clean your registry is to completely wipe your system. In fact, right now, you need to reformat your hard drive. Then, buy a copy of Windows 95 and you'll be safe. I feel confident you can do this simple task, but I'll leave others to help you achieve this process.

Good luck!

Don
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
That is why the URLs was deleted from the post. One person registered to poise a question and another was registered to answer it with the target URL. As you pointed out, it was sham.

This thread is now locked.

Closed Thread