Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
ParadiseLost
Enthusiast
ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Partitioning of content server

I use Marvin as an ebook reader and have allowed it to use calibre's content server as opds. In using this i notice that a function i seem to take for granted in calibre is missing. Partitioning of the results from selecting a category. For example, you click on all books and what happens is what youd expact, that all books are displayed; however, having them sorted at least alphabetically would make this more manageable. Could an option be made to allow this?
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I recall, the content server's opds interface allows consuming applications to specify sorting on whatever field they like. You'd have to ask in the Marvin forum about why it doesn't present the all books list sorted.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
ParadiseLost
Enthusiast
ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Forgive me for not being clearer. Marvin's opds does show exactly what calibres content server does. My question is for specific categories that do not at this moment do what categories like author does. Categories such as "All Books" "Newest" and "Languages". When you select any of those categories they can provide you with your entire library; however, it is not broken up by letter to make it more manageable. So my request was if there is more than 25-100 or whatever could those categories be allowed to be partitioned up so that it can be easier to maneuver through. Sort of how the tag browser partitions up categories if you reach a specified amount.
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not something I am interested in implementing, but patches are welcome.

Newest is meant to allow you to browse the latest additions to your library, I dont much see the point of splitting that up.

Note that you can see books that start with a particular letter by using a search, for example:

title_sort:~^A

will show show you all books whose titles start with A
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not something I am interested in implementing, but patches are welcome.

Newest is meant to allow you to browse the latest additions to your library, I dont much see the point of splitting that up.

Note that you can see books that start with a particular letter by using a search, for example:

title_sort:~^A

will show show you all books whose titles start with A
Well that is good to know. I can now search for a series name which I could not do before

Thanks
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert