Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Rahula
Rahula began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Partitioning please help

Hello, I tried the partitioning method described here : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...itioning_Guide .
When I type :
"mount -o loop /initrd/mnt/sd/mmcblk2p9.img /tmp/p2"
the terminal tells me
"mount: mounting /dev/loop1 on /tmp/p2 failed: Invalid argument"

My PRS-T1 is still connected to my computer and I don't know what to do. I am afraid that it might be bricked. Also, when I wrote the partition table, fdisk issued a warning "device is busy, the kernel will use the old partition table", is that normal ?

Please, please help. I am not a hacker but I can use the command line, so I figured I could try this procedure. Thanks.
Rahula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Rahula
Rahula began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I forgot to mention. Between stage 11 and 12, something went possibly wrong. Only the terminal rebooted and ask me for login, the PRS-T1 did nothing. So I disconnected it, pressed the reset button, pressed home and menu together and reconnected it to my computer.
Rahula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert