Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #46
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboNo View Post
Wow. When a user posts something for the rest of us to read, we should expect it to be valid. If someone 'techbabbles' without actually having knowledge of the topic and a trained background, then it should be pointed out as so.

Thank you for the award.

bub, it's not that you questioned the validity of her comment, it's the way you did it. If you had simply asked "do you happen to have more details on what that means", then there wouldn't have been an uproar over what was percieved as an arrogant attack. She's been nothing but helpful to the people on this forum and the way you posed your question was uncalled for.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #47
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Thank you for the award.
No problem! You earned it!
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #48
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
No problem! You earned it!
Dont forget KoboNo signed up not long ago with what seems to be the expess purpose of Tolling this forum and generally acting and talking like a dick. Check out his posting history hardly anything posted that is anywhere near respectfull of the others on the board.

If he behaves like this in person he would either A) have no friends or B) have no friends and no front teeth.

P.S. according to other posts he primarily uses a sony reader so I cant understand if he has another reader he is happy with why he takes the time to drop in hear and be a jerk?

Last edited by baronrus; 12-18-2010 at 06:08 PM.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #49
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
The purpose of this update was to give original users a device that they thought they were buying when it originally launched.
I purchased my Kobo after full research, both technical AND user opinions. I full well know the devices limitations, foibles and also, its inherent strength of actually allowing you to read an ebook.

I also did the same before purchasing my Sony PRS-300 which has similar shortcomings.

Quote:
Care to elaborate what fancy server footwork you are referring to? Stop posting nonsense that you are not qualified to talk about. Are you actually familiar with the Kobo architecture and comfortable discussing the device's software and database structure?
Taming has every bloody right to comment. She is a beta team member for this firmware update, which means she and the other member of that group have been working closely with the Kobo development team to ensure as many issues are resolved prior to general release. Once the update went live she has been extremely pro-active with comments, problem solving and assistance. All this in her free time.

Your contribution? Well, the less said the better.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #50
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
bub, it's not that you questioned the validity of her comment, it's the way you did it. If you had simply asked "do you happen to have more details on what that means", then there wouldn't have been an uproar over what was percieved as an arrogant attack. She's been nothing but helpful to the people on this forum and the way you posed your question was uncalled for.
Exactly.

I can't imagine what rock you have been hiding under to miss the FACT that taming was a beta tester for the 1.8 firmwear upgrade and as sabredog pointed has spent hours over the last few days answering questions and offering assistance.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #51
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
And in an attempt to get back on topic, did anyone happen upon a new Easter egg?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #52
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
And in an attempt to get back on topic, did anyone happen upon a new Easter egg?
Probably not until the version is released to wifi users
Old 12-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #53
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Quote:
Not yet.... Hint?
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #54
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope--my fingers are sealed. The WiFI version had it already.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #55
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Aren't we out-of-season for Easter eggs? Maybe we should look for Yule logs?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #56
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Nope--my fingers are sealed. The WiFI version had it already.
Then I'd have to say no. I've tried most variations of ebook formats, as well as image formats. Still only sees txt and rtf files..also tried CBR containers with no luck
Old 12-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #57
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
Not yet.... Hint?
Do you feel "Lucky"?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #58
3d0g
I make fjords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Then I'd have to say no. I've tried most variations of ebook formats, as well as image formats. Still only sees txt and rtf files..also tried CBR containers with no luck
Not really an Easter egg, but remember the kobo now supports images in books...
Old 12-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #59
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Ah, 3dOg, you pretty much gave it away.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #60
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Ah, 3dOg, you pretty much gave it away.
I'm going to claim denseness (word?) cause I still don't get it . I mean, now that I've played a little with epub structure, adding photos seems to be relatively easy, if not inconvenient (create an epub, set image as cover). it's not like I can just drag and drop photo's into my kobo and they'll be recognized (like I had said, I tried a lot of different image formats, including jpeg, gif, tiff, etc...)