Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
butitsmyname
butitsmyname began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
news works in windows but not in ubuntu

Hi everyone

I've installed calibre on windows XP and Kubuntu 10.1xxx...both access the net via D-Link DSL 504T. They have fixed internal IP addresses.

The main purpose was to download spanish news. It works fast and efficiently in windows but only rarely in Linux. Instead I get a long wait and then a file with nothing but connection failed errors.

I did, on one occasion successfully download El Pais Semenal, but couldn't repeat it. Nothing else works including UK sites such as the BBC.

Linux is working fine with Firefox, Rekong, Chrome, skyp, email, ktorrent and so on. Only caiibre is a problem.

I tried removing it with apt-get makeremove calibre and deleted all local settings. But on re-installing it's the same. No news is bad news.

Could it be an IPv6 problem perchance?

Thanks for any help
butitsmyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use the calibre binary from http://calibre-ebook.com, not the Ubuntu package
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert