Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #121
Kijac
Connoisseur
Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-950
I have a Literati for my daughter since 2 days. I have done the 2 updates.
I have some problems:
When I uploaded many books, there aren't all these books on the Literati. I try it with ADE and with Drag + Drop. For example a book which I buy online here in germany. I uploaded 79 books and only 63 books are on the Literati. What is wrong?
I uploaded books on a SD Card and put these in the Literati. I can't find the books on the Literati. So I think the Literati will not recognize the SD Card. Why?
The book cover stinks a lot .
How can I sort the books in order?

Who can helps me? Thanks!

Last edited by Kijac; 02-20-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Kijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #122
BoomerM3
BoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enough

Device: Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijac View Post
I have a Literati for my daughter since 2 days. I have done the 2 updates.
I have some problems:
When I uploaded many books, there aren't all these books on the Literati. I try it with ADE and with Drag + Drop. For example a book which I buy online here in germany. I uploaded 79 books and only 63 books are on the Literati. What is wrong?
I uploaded books on a SD Card and put these in the Literati. I can't find the books on the Literati. So I think the Literati will not recognize the SD Card. Why?
The book cover stinks a lot .
How can I sort the books in order?

Who can helps me? Thanks!
Is it possible that some of the books are "PDF" files? If so, they will be store in the "Docs" tab. Please look there.

On the menu, you may sort the books by title or by author.

peter
BoomerM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #123
Kijac
Connoisseur
Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-950
No, that were all EPUB's .....
With the Sony Reader I can make collections and sort in these collections. Is it possible too with the Literati? When I mean sort, I mean Book 1, Book 2, Book 3 from a serie ....
Kijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #124
Rook008
Rook008 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook
When you connect the Literati to your PC, you should see two new icons, one for the Literati and one for the SD card. Do you?

Also, I've noticed that my Literati has trouble finding books that were recently added that are by the same author as books already on my SD card.
When I add books like these, I usually move the entire folder off of the SD card, eject the Literati to let it process new content, then re-connect the Literati and add the entire folder (with the new books in it) to the SD card. Then I eject it for the second time. The second time I eject it, the Literati finds everything that I've added.

Last edited by Rook008; 02-21-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Rook008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #125
vjplo
Enthusiast
vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.

Who's in charge of Literati?

Still asking about Literati -- who does updates and online customer service? Literatireader.com mentions firmware v1.9, hasn't updated the manuals, doesn't reply via the contact form (why not remove it if it's not active) and the videos misrepresent some features. I've written a couple of good reviews but the above shortcomings generate negative comments that have to be hurting sales.
vjplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #126
BoomerM3
BoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enough

Buy a New One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjplo View Post
Still asking about Literati -- who does updates and online customer service? Literatireader.com mentions firmware v1.9, hasn't updated the manuals, doesn't reply via the contact form (why not remove it if it's not active) and the videos misrepresent some features. I've written a couple of good reviews but the above shortcomings generate negative comments that have to be hurting sales.
I didn't know it was possible to buy a Literati reader any more. I thought they were discounted and sold out. Have you seen any for sale in the last month?

If no one is selling or buying, I expect the support and the web site to fade away. Good thing mine is working well

peter
Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #127
vjplo
Enthusiast
vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerM3 View Post
I didn't know it was possible to buy a Literati reader any more.
Thought I saw a display at BestBuy but just in passing. May have been a leftover. They're still at Amazon but I see now that there are limited quantities. Guess this is it, then.
vjplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #128
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjplo View Post
There may be some support to be had at Kobo's web site. They do offer tech support for the readers they are affiliated with and they have Literati information in their support FAQ section. That said, I've never used Kobo support so I can't comment as to the quality of that support.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #129
LasVegas7
LasVegas7 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook Color, Kindle Fire, Ipad mini
Hello,
I am new to this. I just wanted to share some Literati information. I just found the Literati for sale on HSN. Also, I was on at goodreader.com and read that Sharper Image is releasing a newer version (Literati 2).

Thanks
LasVegas7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:09 AM   #130
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
They're still selling them, as far as I know it's only Bed, Bath & Beyond that was clearancing them out of their stores. I've seen the black model at Best Buy and both the black and white models at a Belk store in the past week, and they weren't marked down.

As far as who is supporting them, according to someone who had to make a lot of calls to get support, if it's a software issue it's Kobo. If it's a hardware issue, the manufacturer of the Literati is Merch Source. Sharper Image just puts their name & Literati on them.

Merch Source has 2 Customer Service numbers for hardware issues (I was given this number as well when I e-mailed Sharper Image about an issue with my charging cover).
800-374-2744
800-481-7938

866-204-4714 is Kobo's customer support help line for software issues.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #131
BoomerM3

Merch Source owns the Liberatireader.com web site. If their obsolete and inaccurate content is an indication of their support, we are in a world of hurt...
Old 02-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #132
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerM3 View Post
I didn't know it was possible to buy a Literati reader any more. I thought they were discounted and sold out. Have you seen any for sale in the last month?

If no one is selling or buying, I expect the support and the web site to fade away. Good thing mine is working well

peter
Last I checked Hastings is still selling the black version.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #133
mmread
Enthusiast
mmread has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I just got mine from Kohls today. I printed Bed, Bath & Beyond's $39.99 ad from their website before it went away. I had a 30% off Kohls coupon. I paid $30.30 which included .0825 sales tax. I had $22 Kohls gift cards. It was version 1.6. I updated it to version 2. I synced to Kobo to read my free ebook. I have not connected it to my computer yet to download my 'calibred' books.
mmread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #134
mmread
Enthusiast
mmread has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Mr. Pocket,

I have my calibre set for Aluratek. However I have not downloaded any of my books that I 'calibred'. I just drag and drop from my laptop to my SD card. I use Calibre to mark read and not read. Can I use the ALP SD card and insert it to my Literati? I can't find it!! I am frantically looking for it.

Calibre question: If my calibre is set for Aluratek, do I have to set a second Calibre for Literati? I currently have only EPUB & .pdf in my Calibre.
mmread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #135
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmread View Post
Mr. Pocket,

I have my calibre set for Aluratek. However I have not downloaded any of my books that I 'calibred'. I just drag and drop from my laptop to my SD card. I use Calibre to mark read and not read. Can I use the ALP SD card and insert it to my Literati? I can't find it!! I am frantically looking for it.

Calibre question: If my calibre is set for Aluratek, do I have to set a second Calibre for Literati? I currently have only EPUB & .pdf in my Calibre.
Calibre should detect the Literati without any issue. I use the same calibre library with both my Kindle and Literati and I haven't had to manually change anything. I just hooked it up and it works.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote