Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #91
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysadhu View Post
Hello,
First off. Thanks for creating such an awesome plugin--very handy!

Overall, it works great. However, every time I finish selecting the sections to split off and edit the meta edit, the Calibre hangs while it is processing the new epub. The dialog box "Select Sections to Split Off" says "not responding". After a few seconds (e.g., 20 seconds), Calibre and the epubsplit dialog box returns to functioning normally. Is this the typical behavior of the plugin?
Pretty much typical behavior of any really intensive computer operation.
How visible depends on the size/complexity of the operation and the wimpyness of the system
This is standard on my ancient P4 (it even impacts my Solitaire game that I play while waiting on conversions).
Split has to have at least 3 sets of files open:
1) the original
2) the Split-off body
3) the Split-off CSS

and typically, #1 is not small, else why bother to split

If you think you HAVE a high powered system (by tomorrows standards ), check out you security suite settings, it may be part of the bottlneck.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #92
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Okay, I'm back from vacation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysadhu View Post
... However, every time I finish selecting the sections to split off and edit the meta edit, the Calibre hangs while it is processing the new epub. The dialog box "Select Sections to Split Off" says "not responding". After a few seconds (e.g., 20 seconds), Calibre and the epubsplit dialog box returns to functioning normally. Is this the typical behavior of the plugin?
Glad you like it.

20sec seems a bit long, but as theducks rightly points out, it's going to depend on the size of the epub file you're splitting and the speed of (and the load on) your machine.

Splitting off one book from a 9 book anthology containing some 1.1 million total words takes my system ~15sec.

So I can't say 20sec is completely unreasonable.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #93
scdoshen
scdoshen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Broken Pipe Error

*Love* the plugin. It has worked on almost every bundle I've tried it on and appeals to my OCD tendencies to have entire library organized and cleaned-up!!

There is one bundle it hasn't worked on, with following error:

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 32] Broken pipe

calibre 1.3 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Mon Jul 29 16:33:49 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.48.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.8.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit_plugin", line 125, in plugin_button
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 646, in get_split_lines
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 1057, in splitHtml
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Any and all help would be appreciated. (Caveat: I'm not a programmer so hoping it's a simple fix!) Thanks!
scdoshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #94
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdoshen View Post
*Love* the plugin. It has worked on almost every bundle I've tried it on and appeals to my OCD tendencies to have entire library organized and cleaned-up!!

There is one bundle it hasn't worked on, with following error:

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 32] Broken pipe
Can you post a copy of the epub you're trying to split? Or upload it somewhere and PM me a URL? Without the epub, I don't know what's wrong.

Failing that, you could try doing a Polish Book or epub->epub convert and then trying splitting again.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #95
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is a version for scdoshen to try.

UPDATE Sep 21, 2013 - new test version.

UPDATE Sep 22, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-22-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 09-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #96
scdoshen
scdoshen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks Jim! The last new test version worked like a charm. Appreciate your help!
scdoshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #97
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.3.0 - 22 Sep 2013
  • Remove debug output. Caused errors for a Mac user with a large epub.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #98
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Could there be a option or default where once the split is created the Title on the Edit Metadata screen automatically receives focus with text selected?
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #99
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Could there be a option or default where once the split is created the Title on the Edit Metadata screen automatically receives focus with text selected?
I don't think so. EpubSplit calls the regular calibre metadata edit dialog and it doesn't do that, that I know of.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #100
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I don't think so. EpubSplit calls the regular calibre metadata edit dialog and it doesn't do that, that I know of.
Oh, OK...thanks for responding
Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #101
gabby98
Wizard

Sorry...quick question

I just started using this PI less than a month ago, but it was on an older version of the program (0.9x). When I used it, a folder opened up and I was able to make certain changes to the files and then it would save the new epub. Now that I've updated to 1.5 this doesn't happen. Am I missing something, for those events when I actually need to do this, or is that no longer available?

Thank you again!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #102
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Sorry...quick question

I just started using this PI less than a month ago, but it was on an older version of the program (0.9x). When I used it, a folder opened up and I was able to make certain changes to the files and then it would save the new epub. Now that I've updated to 1.5 this doesn't happen. Am I missing something, for those events when I actually need to do this, or is that no longer available?

Thank you again!
That sounds like calibre's built in Tweak Book feature.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #103
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That sounds like calibre's built in Tweak Book feature.
....my memory plays tricks.

thank you. now I have all i need between the 2

Old 10-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #104
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
This is awesome
(there is nothing else to say LOL)

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #105
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
This is awesome
(there is nothing else to say LOL)

Mary
It's always nice to hear. You're quite welcome.