Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Uh oh, did I just break my KF?

Right, so I recently flashed JB on my KF, and everything was going fine, nothing to complain about. Until now. I left my KF to charge and when I went back, I can't turn it on! No matter how many times I push the power button, nothing happens.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
What are you charging with? I have power issues with my phone aswell, it's an Android thing... If you're using USB, try switching to a wall plug, if not try it the other way.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
What are you charging with? I have power issues with my phone aswell, it's an Android thing... If you're using USB, try switching to a wall plug, if not try it the other way.
i'm using the wall charger it came with. ok, i'll try charging it using usb
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
wyndslash
Wizard

both methods don't work :c
Old 09-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
both methods don't work :c
Leave it for awhile. Does any light come on? Does the screen at least dim?
Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard

no, there's absolutely nothing. it's just a blank screen
Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard

I still say leave it for awhile. It may have discharged all the way for whatever reason. That and keep pressing the power button.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
wyndslash
Wizard

alright~
Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
wyndslash
Wizard

finally got it to work! had to press on it really hard several times. i'm glad, whew.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
finally got it to work! had to press on it really hard several times. i'm glad, whew.
Glad that was it.

Yeah, both my phone and Kindle have that issue where sometimes they won't power on for whatever reason. It doesn't help that the charger driver is all messed up in the Kindle whether you're on stock or a custom ROM. Hopefully that is fixed in the next updates/models. But it's definitely a general Android problem that Google needs to work on because just because your battery is low/can't read the stats, doesn't mean it should put the device in that half dead state.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Glad that was it.

Yeah, both my phone and Kindle have that issue where sometimes they won't power on for whatever reason. It doesn't help that the charger driver is all messed up in the Kindle whether you're on stock or a custom ROM. Hopefully that is fixed in the next updates/models. But it's definitely a general Android problem that Google needs to work on because just because your battery is low/can't read the stats, doesn't mean it should put the device in that half dead state.
Let's hope that it is a lot better with ICS under the hood!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote