Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kİndle Touch v5.3.2
Amazon Kindle Covers

Here I am with another question. I couldn't find cover/case section on the forum so I hope it is proper place.

I am also looking for case/cover for Kindle. I had a look at Amazon for case/covers but so far couldn't find anything good.

1-)Amazon's cover with light is too expensive (imho) and I read that light get's broken easily. So it's not an option for me. And I also read that it's not really made with good quality material, just some thin stuff.

2-) Other leather covers are either bad quality leather, or smelly, and most important part, leaves some mark on back of kindle (because of leather I think). And I read that covers with magnets damage Kindle but also on other sites it's written that it doesn't damage to Kindle at all.

So I am looking for a good cover (preferred leather) that you use or you can recommend because it looks like buying cover is harder than buying Kindle.

edit: I am looking for Kindle Touch covers

Last edited by bonjurkes; 04-07-2012 at 09:19 AM.
bonjurkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
GeSKo
GeSKo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am also interested in a cover for the KT. Any suggestion will be appreciated, since the ones from Amazon are really expensive
GeSKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
As far as #1 I do not agree. The Amazon lighted cover is excellent and there is no problem with the light. It does not "break easily." The cover is so lightweight and form-fitting that it is barely noticeable and feels as if it is part of the Kindle. No bulky, cheap, smelly leather and no ugly corner straps as with many other third-party covers.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I bought a cover for my K3 on Ebay around the time I bought the K3 itself and it has a magnetic clasp. Had both for about a year and haven't had any issues with the magnet causing trouble that I can see. Only cost me $9.95 I think. No light built in and its fake leather but despite some wear it is still working well to protect my k3.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #5
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
As far as #1 I do not agree. The Amazon lighted cover is excellent and there is no problem with the light. It does not "break easily." The cover is so lightweight and form-fitting that it is barely noticeable and feels as if it is part of the Kindle. No bulky, cheap, smelly leather and no ugly corner straps as with many other third-party covers.
100% agree! Nothing more to say additionally.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

But still paying 60 bucks for KT cover for 99 bucks Kindle sounds absurd, it is damn expensive. That's why I am looking for other options
Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have the Marware "EcoVue" cover on my Kindle Touch. I've had it for about 5 months now and it's excellent, providing good protection, and comfortable to hold. Currently $21 at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Eco-Vu.../dp/B005HSG446
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjurkes View Post
But still paying 60 bucks for KT cover for 99 bucks Kindle sounds absurd, it is damn expensive. That's why I am looking for other options
It IS expensive, no doubt about it, but it is very high quality and I don't think you'll find another cover that fits the KT better. If you can swing the $60, you should try it. You can always return it if you don't think it lives up to the billing.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
I understand. But you did not specify if a light is a requirement. If it is, a less-expensive cover plus some sort of light will still not be cheap (in terms of cost, not necessarily quality).

Why not try the Amazon cover without the light if it is not needed? It is less expensive, the same high quality and even more form-fitting. 30-day return policy.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
bonjurkes
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have the Marware "EcoVue" cover on my Kindle Touch. I've had it for about 5 months now and it's excellent, providing good protection, and comfortable to hold. Currently $21 at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Eco-Vu.../dp/B005HSG446
Thanks for recommendation, one of customers post a photo about the leather transfer color to his kindle

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qlSiw6L7L.jpg

Did you had any similar issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
It IS expensive, no doubt about it, but it is very high quality and I don't think you'll find another cover that fits the KT better. If you can swing the $60, you should try it. You can always return it if you don't think it lives up to the billing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I understand. But you did not specify if a light is a requirement. If it is, a less-expensive cover plus some sort of light will still not be cheap (in terms of cost, not necessarily quality).

Why not try the Amazon cover without the light if it is not needed? It is less expensive, the same high quality and even more form-fitting. 30-day return policy.
I am living in Turkey, they don't ship covers to Turkey, so 30 day return policy wont be good for me. That's why I am looking for a cover that "almost" everyone is happy, light is not "mandatory" anymore as it cause higher price.

So far, people complain about weird smell of the covers, or covers transfer color to the product because it is leather, or device doesn't fit into the cover. So far couldn't find a good "not expensive" deal.

Last edited by bonjurkes; 04-08-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I personally love my lighted covers, both for the K3 and the Kindle Touch. I was able to save money by buying the last two covers from the Amazon warehouse. Both may have been used, but looked perfect and have operated perfectly since I got them.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
For those worried about the smudges on the back ok their kindles caused by the covers, why not insert a sheet of appropriately sized paper between the kindle and cover?

That's what I did. My cover has a suede-like lining, and based on the experiences of people here, I decided on this solution from day 1.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, not the slightest mark on my KT from the cover.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks for recommendation, one of customers post a photo about the leather transfer color to his kindle

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qlSiw6L7L.jpg

Did you had any similar issue?
I have a K4 with a Marware cover that had the same happen. Mine looks worse then his.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #15
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Lots of Kindle covers here: http://s.dealextreme.com/search/kindle%20cover

Remarkably cheap, free freight, and excellent quality!
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote