Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 03:43 AM   #421
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg200 View Post
Does your viewer support * .XPS format?
It does, via MuPDF. However, the XPS and OpenXPS formats aren't included in the default allowed kinds (I guess they should) and therefore won't be automatically imported. You can fix this by adding "xps" and "oxps", in allowed-kinds, in the import section of Settings.toml.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #422
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plato 0.7.3

I've released 0.7.3.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:19 PM   #423
nicholi
nicholi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Nice work and thank you!! It will be greater if it has a dictionary.
nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:52 AM   #424
Shaukat
Shaukat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
PLATO is not showing/reading my books and data on memory card

Hey, I have installed plato But there is a slight problem, the plato reader has been working, it's opening but it doesn't not show/read data and books of my memory card. It's interface is showing empty. I hav tried to import, but nothing happened.Any thought on this issue? I would be grateful.
Shaukat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:36 AM   #425
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaukat View Post
It's interface is showing empty.
They are two ways of solving this issue:
  1. In the volume where you've extracted the one-click installation package, navigate to .adds/plato (the .adds directory is hidden). Edit Settings.toml and adjust the value of library-path so that it points to the root of the external SD card: library-path = "/mnt/sd".
  2. Remove the aforementioned Settings.toml, and wait for the one-click installation package for Plato 0.7.4: I will soon make a new release that uses a more sensible default for library-path.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:28 AM   #426
baskerville
Evangelist

Plato 0.7.4

I've released 0.7.4.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:23 PM   #427
Shaukat

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville; 0.7.4[/i
: I will soon make a new release that uses a more sensible default for library-path.[/list]
Yup the 2nd solution did the trick. It's working now. I really appreciate your struggles. Do u hav in ur list the addition of dictionary and pdf reflow to your reader?
Old 08-15-2019, 10:47 PM   #428
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Just installed Plato again for another spin.

It's looking very nice. UI is responsive and makes sense. The smaller corner tap zones are a big improvement since I last tried it.

Also improved is the hyphenation. Am no longer getting 3+ consecutive hyphens like I was last time I tried Plato. There's been the occasional double hyphen that I've seen, but nothing more egregious.

I have to say, I vastly prefer the UI of Plato over KOreader.

Right, now to go darken my font a bit so I can use Plato more comfortably...

Just a small note on the library path. You may want to check whether an external SD card is present before blindly setting that as the default library path. My H2O has an SD slot, but I never use it. My first tine opening Plato showed no books, as it was trying to read from an empty mount point.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to disable the sleepcover? I have the original H2O sleepcover, which has no way to hold it closed, so it is easy to wake the device up unintentionally. I have it disabled in my Nickel settings.

Last edited by sherman; 08-15-2019 at 10:56 PM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:11 AM   #429
baskerville
Evangelist

Plato 0.7.5

I've released 0.7.5.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #430
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I've released 0.7.5.
That was quick! Thank you.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #431
Shaukat

Quote:
I've released 0.7.5.
Hi, I really admire your work man. Could you please add a slider bar for zoom in/out just as the Kobo Nickle hav one. And also you may want to add some more degrees to zoom in. It would be great. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #432
Shaukat

Quote:
I've released 0.7.5.
Zoom out actually, not Zoom in. Zoom In degrees are fine and enough. But zoom out degrees need to be increased.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:13 AM   #433
Mavireck
Connoisseur
Mavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo H2O (broken), Kobo H2O Edition 2 v1 (stolen), Kobo Clara 2E
I hesitated to post this message, but I really wanted to thank your for what you have done : Plato is much faster than nickel and better looking than KOReader, it is almost perfect!

Here are a few drawbacks and issues is noticed/I miss from the other reader.
- you can add a book to a collection with an empty name. That should not be possible I think, because it makes the collection hard to click on actually I think a collection name should contain at least one character.
- the table of contents is nice, but it would be even nicer to have a button to close it without selecting an entry
- large table of contents are hard to navigate through with swipes. Will you consider adding a page number to the TOC, which you can click on to directly go to a specific page?
- and, although that is much more difficult to integrate, I do miss a dictionary and the annotation features from Nickel (and I must say that annotation is slow and hard to use in Nickel). Perhaps dictionaries could be used as a separate app (like sketch and calculator) if it is easier. Or instead, you could add a button which toggles between PageTurn mode or Annotation mode. In this mode, long pressing a word would show it in the dictionary or highlight it like in nickel.

EDIT : That question has already been asked a lot, I am sorry And it was written in the doc/TODO.md in the github page. my bad

I may have missed some of these features, in this case I apologise
Anyway, these features are not easy to implement, I know, but I am only suggesting, not asking for them do as you wish, you already gave us a lot with this app as it is!

Last edited by Mavireck; 08-21-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Mavireck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #434
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I got my first ever reader (forma) less than a week ago. Does Plato use more battery than the built-in reader?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #435
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavireck View Post
I hesitated to post this message, but I really wanted to thank your for what you have done : Plato is much faster than nickel and better looking than KOReader, it is almost perfect!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Here are a few drawbacks and issues is noticed/I miss from the other reader.
— You can add a book to a collection with an empty name. That should not be possible […]
Agreed.

Quote:
— The table of contents is nice, but it would be even nicer to have a button to close it without selecting an entry.
You can already do that by tapping the bottom left corner.

Quote:
— Large table of contents are hard to navigate through with swipes. Will you consider adding a page number to the TOC, which you can click on to directly go to a specific page?
The TOC is just a document: you can tap the bottom right corner to go a specific page.

The gestures of the reader view are documented in doc/MANUAL.md.

Quote:
— I do miss a dictionary and the annotation features from Nickel.
I'm working on it.