Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #76
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
I have attached the binary along with the statusbar.c source code (need to learn Mercurial for submitting changes), you are welcome to test it. Don't forget to change the installation script to also copy idle.sh.dr800+ to /usr/bin/idel.sh. It has been very stable on my device so far.
ok, thanks CoolDragon.
I'll try to test it between tonight and this weekend.
And excuse me for the silence these days, I've been pretty busy with some things.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #77
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
I have attached the binary along with the statusbar.c source code (need to learn Mercurial for submitting changes), you are welcome to test it. Don't forget to change the installation script to also copy idle.sh.dr800+ to /usr/bin/idel.sh. It has been very stable on my device so far.
I've been testing your changes finally (sorry, I've been very busy these past days working hard... ok, ok, playing with my new phone ... a Nexus One, a marvelous device after my 6-year old nokia!).

I like the idea of the idle.sh modification and the semaphore (maybe that was the reason of the random hangs I saw). I've added both.

On the other hand, I prefer my way to update the clock, i.e. the ipc_update_clock_label function (in ipc.c) called from statusbar_timeout_clock, as this could update the clock not only when changing pages but with any other event as well.

It works perfectly in my device by now, but I'll test these minimal changes a bit more time and then release a new package.
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #78
Iņigo
Guru

Ok, I've just released a new version.

Changes since v1:
* popupmenu:
- statusbar: show a clock instead of "Menu" text

* erbrowser (port features from DR1000):
- don't quit erbrowser when selecting another application or document in the taskbar
- fullscreen

* notepad (port features from DR1000):
- don't quit notepad when selecting another application or document in the taskbar. This allows us to have several notes open or to take notes while reading other documents.

Remember sources are at https://bitbucket.org/inigoserna/dr800
Old 12-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #79
Iņigo
Guru

Lightbulb Books cover in shortcuts

Hi,

I've added a new feature for DR800+: now books covers are shown in shortcuts if available.

Code is in BitBucket as usual, r21.

I've attached the binary for DR800+ and a screenshot.

Iņigo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ctb-shortcuts.png
Views:	493
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	63049  
Attached Files
File Type: gz ctb.gz (41.0 KB, 397 views)

Tags
devel, dr800+, features