Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #3226
dzaczek
dzaczek began at the beginning.

Device: kindleD01100
i try connect to usb0 in diags mode time under 1ms is noral for one short cable

my ip addres is 192.168.15.201
Quote:
usb0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000
link/ether ee:29:00:00:00:15 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.15.201 peer 192.168.15.244/32 scope global usb0
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 fe80::ec29:ff:fe00:15/64 scope link
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
Quote:
nmap 192.168.15.1-255

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-12-18 19:11 CET
Nmap scan report for 192.168.15.201
Host is up (0.00016s latency).
Not shown: 998 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
902/tcp open iss-realsecure

Nmap scan report for 192.168.15.244
Host is up (0.013s latency).
All 1000 scanned ports on 192.168.15.244 are closed

Nmap done: 255 IP addresses (2 hosts up) scanned in 28.89 seconds
kindle is 192.168.15.244
Quote:
HOST_IP=192.168.15.201
KINDLE_IP=192.168.15.244

Last edited by dzaczek; 12-18-2013 at 01:12 PM.
dzaczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #3227
dzaczek

Eureka

iS WORKINGIN
IN ;debugOn
~UsbNetwork

but i cant connect from Diagnostic mode

Other quest
i try set sshd over wifi
kindle dont open port
i try this tutorial )
http://kindle4-hacks.blogspot.com/p/basics.html
but not working

Last edited by dzaczek; 12-18-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #3228
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaczek View Post
Eureka

iS WORKINGIN
IN ;debugOn
~UsbNetwork

but i cant connect from Diagnostic mode

Other quest
i try set sshd over wifi
kindle dont open port
i try this tutorial )
http://kindle4-hacks.blogspot.com/p/basics.html
but not working
What was your firmware version ?

Amazon removed sshd from the diags system at one of the firmware version changes.

Did you install USBnetworking in Main or Diags or both ?
(step 4 of the link you posted).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #3229
albel727
albel727 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I wonder, why in the attached jailbreak archive there's no

Code:
update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3w-3.0-to-3.2_UNinstall.bin
Thing is, I only consulted my firmware version (3.2.1) and didn't pay heed to the serial number (B006 in my case), and attempted installing

Code:
update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3w-3.0-to-3.2_install.bin
first.

It failed but I didn't pay attention either, 'cause there seemingly were no alternatives (I knew my kindle had wifi, so that ruled out k3g in my mind, and k3w is said to be for 3.3 firmware), and proceeded to install kindlet stuff.

When it came to

Code:
update_kindlet-dev-20130710-k3g-B006_install.bin
I was finally introduced to the concept of serial numbers, and the fact that B006 there was only for k3g confused the crap out of me, but I boldly marched on. It is only when KindleLauncher told me I don't have jailbreak installed, I realized I might have actually failed in the very first step. So I tried installing

Code:
update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3w_install.bin
which failed too (I didn't note how exactly), and then, after googling out the correspondence between serials and kindle variants,

Code:
update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g_install.bin
which... gave me "found another jailbreak, aborting...". Naturally I tried to uninstall, starting with

Code:
update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3w_uninstall.bin
but when that didn't help either, and I got desperate,

Code:
update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g_uninstall.bin
and even kindlet uninstallers. Neither of which helped. In the epithome of rushed decisions I even did a factory-reset, which didn't help either. All attempts to install k3g end up in "found another jailbreak, aborting...".

As you can obviously see, I'm trying to become the textbook example of how NOT to do firmware updates (in my defence, I was half asleep). But while I'm waiting for my name to be remembered in history, I wonder whether there's something that's left to be done in my case, besides throwing my kindle out of the window in a fit of uncontrollable rage?

I'm pretty sure that for all things I installed, the only corresponding uninstaller I haven't run is for the k3w-3.0-3.2 version, simply because it isn't in the archive. (Not even sure why they don't come in one-size-fits-all uninstaller even, but w/e).
albel727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #3230
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I always wondered in whose honor the abbreviation: TL;DR was invented for.
- - - -
You didn't read our instructions, yet you expect us to read your post ?
- - - -

Use KUBRICK to return your Kindle to a known state.

Last edited by knc1; 12-19-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Advert
Old 12-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #3231
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@albel727: There's no fw-specific uninstall file because there's no need for one. The factory-reset didn't help.

Reboot your device, try the uninstall again. If it fails, tell us why (exact error code). Then try the correct install file for your device/fw-version.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #3232
dzaczek

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What was your firmware version ?

Amazon removed sshd from the diags system at one of the firmware version changes.

Did you install USBnetworking in Main or Diags or both ?
(step 4 of the link you posted).
I install usbnet in main mode from settings menu.
My Vesrion : Kindle 4.1.1
Old 12-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #3233
albel727
albel727 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
I always wondered in whose honor the abbreviation: TL;DR was invented for.
- - - -
You didn't read our instructions, yet you expect us to read your post ?
- - - -
If you stopped for a moment to think before rushing to raise your self-esteem at my expense, you'd have realized that I sure as hell read the instructions. But it's a pity if you don't see how there's a potential for confusion in explanations like

Quote:
As always, k2 means K2 US, k2i means K2 GW, dx means KDX US, ...
As always for whom? For someone who jailbreaks daily? For you? Maybe. The sentence contains serial numbers in brackets, but nowhere in there or around it is even explained what those mean or where to check them.

Quote:
k3g means K3 3G (US [B006]), k3w means K3 WiFi [B008], k3gb means K3 3G (UK [B00A]) and k4 means K4 [B00E]. The ones suffixed by -3.0-to-3.2 are meant for devices running old FW <= 3.2 *only*!).
I had no idea which of those is my kindle, and since I don't live in either UK or US, and have wifi in it, k3w seemed like the only reasonable choice. And I hoped I wouldn't need to explain people the difference between <= 3.2 and <=3.2.0, but apparently I was wrong. Anyway, my 3.2.1 firmware seemed like a perfect match. I'd have looked at anyone making a better choice with the information I had at hand. You're free to keep being presumptuous though.

Quote:
Use KUBRICK to return your Kindle to a known state.
Sounds like a good advice. Would be better if that were the only thing you said, instead of stress venting or whatever the reason you snapped at me. Feel free to delete my posts if they're too long, but consider not reading them altogether as an alternative. I'm not exactly forcing you to read them.
albel727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #3234
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@albel727: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

And, yes, <= 3.2 means <= 3.2.0, although the fact that I'm using 3.2 is indeed correct, because that's how Amazon published it, not as 3.2.0. (And, in your case, 3.2.1 != 3.2)

So, nope, you didn't use the right file (in addition to confusing the exact model you actually have, B006 => k3g).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-19-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #3235
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaczek View Post
I install usbnet in main mode from settings menu.
My Vesrion : Kindle 4.1.1
That version does not have the sshd (or maybe USBnetworking - whichever, it isn't going to work) in the Diags system.

Leave the Kindle in the Main system (where you installed USBnet).

Then follow the directions to connect to it.

That link you posted points at directions for a firmware revision earlier than yours.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #3236
chaccone1004
chaccone1004 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
I am an chinese live in china ,my English is poor ,but I wish ask a question in here

I have bought a used kindle keyboard (kindle 3) recently, althought the system support chinese font ,it is not perfect , some font look more black ,some font look less black ,because the system use both han font(traditional chinese characters used in Taiwan ) and hans font (chinese simplified characters used in mainland )to display chinese font and the two rendering is different ,

according to the reference of the forum ,I used jailbreak ,and fonts hack ,copy my favorite CJK font ,the system only use CJK to display chinese font , when reading books,the problem solved.

but the web browser of kindle keyboad .when browse Chinese website,the problem appears again ,some font look more black and some font look less black , how can I solve this problem?

anyone can help me ? thanks in advance!
chaccone1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #3237
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@chaccone1004: Check the settings (and the first post) on how to enable the browser feature (it's a tiny bit more involved than the rest, which is why it's not enabled by default).
Old 12-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #3238
Nikkifx
Nikkifx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
new canadian kindle paperwhite ss hack issue

Hey just got a brand new 2013 kindle paperwhite this Christmas and have been attempting to install the screensaver hack. i have successfully jailbroken it and installed python, but the screensaver hack will not occur because the update your kindle button is grayed out. is it because my kindle is 5.4 or something. I'll probably need an idiots guide because my tech knowledge is obviously WAY below yours.
Nikkifx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:57 AM   #3239
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@Nikkifx-
If you are trying to install the screensaver hack from the first post in this thread, you're in the wrong place. For your PW2, the screensaver hack you are looking for is in this thread.
Cheers! and welcome to the forum.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #3240
chaccone1004
chaccone1004 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@chaccone1004: Check the settings (and the first post) on how to enable the browser feature (it's a tiny bit more involved than the rest, which is why it's not enabled by default).
thank you! great NiLuJe! the problem is solved by “nobrowser” file deleted,

there is another problem
when browsering the Chinese website,the webpage 's font look very small ,zoom in two fold is just right, how can I let the browser's default size to two fold?
chaccone1004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet