Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #151
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Just a comment on the 15.2

I upgraded several days ago from 15.1 and find this to be a MOST stable update.

I have yet to have any issues with it and am very greatfull for your update =)

Thank you.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #152
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85515

In this thread mtravellerh mentions a new firmware version (15.2? or 15.3? no idea) thats still beta. If I am reading this correctly. His post was on 6/2 which makes me think there is an updated beta of 15.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There is a new FW version (still beta, I'm afraid) Try that one. Font configuration works okay for me.
But my question is why are we not getting links in this forum for stuff like this. Makes no sense to me. Are we the redheaded step-child?
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #153
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85515

In this thread mtravellerh mentions a new firmware version (15.2? or 15.3? no idea) thats still beta. If I am reading this correctly.

But my question is why are we not getting links in this forum for stuff like this. Makes no sense to me. Are we the redheaded step-child?
There's a new version for 15.2 that contains a better translation for german. As far as I know, that's the only change for now. I will keep you updated on everything that happens. I am not my usual self these days, sorry.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #154
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
You can always also follow the German thread..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=64636&page=14
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #155
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
You can always also follow the German thread..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=64636&page=14
We would if we could read German.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #156
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update 302

Here is the official final version of the new firmware for 302:
http://pocketbook.de/support/pocketbook-302/
This is a very stable version and has a few new features and a lot of bugs have been removed.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #157
Roger108
Roger108 doesn't litterRoger108 doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
Nice 15.2 update for the 360.
Smooth install.
Seems very stable.
Roger108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #158
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I like the new options for 15.2, such as the increased variety of fonts and the menu that pops up when you tap the power button, but I have had numerous resets and lock-ups. This is quite annoying, especially because I lose my place in the book. I am reverting back to 14.2.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #159
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
I like the new options for 15.2, such as the increased variety of fonts and the menu that pops up when you tap the power button, but I have had numerous resets and lock-ups. This is quite annoying, especially because I lose my place in the book. I am reverting back to 14.2.

Luqman
Unfortunately version 15.2 for PB360 is not working yet as stable as the openings for the PB301 + and PB302. Programmers are trying hard to solve the problem.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #160
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
If I may add -

I'm running version 15.2, mainly because I really, really like the double tap option to go back to the main menu.

However.

It does crash. I was wondering if maybe 15.2 is not playing well with FBreader 180 and the extensions.cfg file which makes FBreader180 the default?

Here's why I ask: Yesterday, I was reading an epub book in FBreader. It froze and I had to reset it. When it reset, it went back to the main menu but I could NOT open any book with FBreader180. In fact, I got to the point where I deleted the FBreader180 from the PB360 and I STILL could not open any book with FBreader (not even the default). The screen would flash and I would still be on the main page. Interestingly enough, the book I was trying to open would move to the top of my Last Open Books list (I am running Cleanlook theme ... if that makes any difference).

No matter what I did, I could NOT get any version of FBreader to open a book. But, I could open an epub/PDF book with Adobe. Weird.

Eventually, I ended up hard resetting the device (with version 15.2 on it). Once I did that, I put FBreader180 and the .cfg file back on the device and everything was fine - once I fixed all my settings. Oh, and I put FBreader180 version 0.9.0 on, as I thought the new updates to FBreader180 might have caused the problem...

Then, today, I am reading a library epub (with DRM) with Adobe. I had to select to read with Adobe as that .cfg file makes it default to FBreader180.

Then it happened. The reader froze and when I did a reset (just a button push on the back) - could NOT open any ebooks with the Adobe program - yet I COULD open books with FBreader180. It was the same problem as before, but this time with Adobe instead of FBreader!

I was "lucky" this time as resetting the device while it was hooked to my PC brought back the Adobe function. And, as I type, it's "fine."

So, I don't think it's the new version of FBreader. I believe that, somehow, version 15.2 isn't "playing nice" with FBreader180 and/or that .cfg file that makes the reader default to FBreader180. Please note, I am not a programmer, just a consumer...

I'm hanging in there with 15.2 - but mostly because I get nervous messing with ADE authorizations (it is such a pain in the ... kneecap ... to deal with Adobe to get more authorizations!).

Anyway. Any thoughts on this behavior? I can add more details should anyone have any questions.

Thanks.

Marilyn

Last edited by Mickey330; 06-06-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Grammar.
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #161
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To add to my post above:

I've been putting an FBreader folder into system/share (had to create that folder on the PB360). I had the FBreader180 app in the system/bin and the extensions.cfg in the system/configeration folder.

After reading some more in the threads, I've removed the FBreader folder from system/share (and deleted the share folder)...

Now, I just have the FBreader180 app (version 0.9.0) in system/bin and the extensions.cfg in system/config.

We'll see how this works...

Marilyn
Old 06-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #162
Mickey330
Addict

Look at me, double posting on my own self. Tsk, tsk...

Sorry, Pocketbook, but I have abandoned version 15.2. Because what I described above happened again (with FBreader, the one I was reading).

Oh, and I forgot this interesting part (which I discovered in my resetting process today): After [in this case] FBreader froze, I downgraded to 14.2 to "make it all better." The same thing as the other day - even after going back to 14.2, I still could not open FBreader (the default one, as I had already deleted FBreader180 from the device).

So, it was off to hard reset land for me. As I type, I am slowly putting all my fonts, logos, etc. back onto the device. Oh, and FBreader180.

So, I tried. I could live with the crashes, but not when a crash removed a reader capability from my PB360.

I'll miss double clicking straight to the main menu - but I'll be reading while I miss it.

Back to the drawing board, gang! I'll be waiting for a "new and improved" 15.2 ... or 15.3.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still loving my PB360! I'm just hating 15.2!

Thanks.

Marilyn
Old 06-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #163
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
Look at me, double posting on my own self. Tsk, tsk...

Sorry, Pocketbook, but I have abandoned version 15.2. Because what I described above happened again (with FBreader, the one I was reading).

Oh, and I forgot this interesting part (which I discovered in my resetting process today): After [in this case] FBreader froze, I downgraded to 14.2 to "make it all better." The same thing as the other day - even after going back to 14.2, I still could not open FBreader (the default one, as I had already deleted FBreader180 from the device).

So, it was off to hard reset land for me. As I type, I am slowly putting all my fonts, logos, etc. back onto the device. Oh, and FBreader180.

So, I tried. I could live with the crashes, but not when a crash removed a reader capability from my PB360.

I'll miss double clicking straight to the main menu - but I'll be reading while I miss it.

Back to the drawing board, gang! I'll be waiting for a "new and improved" 15.2 ... or 15.3.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still loving my PB360! I'm just hating 15.2!

Thanks.

Marilyn
Yes, there is something funky in 15.2! Just give us the time to iron it out.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #164
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Here's why I ask: Yesterday, I was reading an epub book in FBreader. It froze and I had to reset it. When it reset, it went back to the main menu but I could NOT open any book with FBreader180. In fact, I got to the point where I deleted the FBreader180 from the PB360 and I STILL could not open any book with FBreader (not even the default).
When you installed FBReader180, did you copy the "system" folder just like that? If so, when you deleted FBReader you deleted the whole app, not the hack.

Let me explain: the reader program files in the Pocketbook are usually hidden. They're called fbreader.app and adobeviewer.app. What you do when you install FBReader by simply dragging the "system" folder is to OVERWRITE the normal, invisible fbreader.app file with a new, visible fbreader.app file. Thus, when you deleted the visible fbreader.app file, you simply took away the program from the reader. Of course, it wouldn't allow you to use a program for which there is no file.

What the hack programmers allow you to do is, following their instructions, renaming the hacked version (for example, "fbreader180.app") and changing the extensions.cfg file so that it opens things with "fbreader180.app" by default, with you still being allowed to use the normal fbreader.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #165
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes, there is something funky in 15.2! Just give us the time to iron it out.
Stange.
I am using 15.2beta ever since it came out and except that funny "broken card logo" I got when I disconnected it from the PC for the first time it works fine. Not a single reset. I am using fbreader180 all the time. Version 0.9.2 or something like that. I have very complicated extensions.cfg with at least 5 different versions of fbreader (including the original app) so I can compare differences.
I should be trying harder as a betatester to strain the system until the breaking point ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote