Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use the Similar Threads feature?
Yes, keep it 12 40.00%
No, you can remove it 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It looks like we need to have discussions like this for every feature, just so people will find out that it exists!

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
why, what other exciting features have you been hiding from us ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I have used it - but often discover I'm reading a thread that started and stopped in 2005 !!
No bad thing I suppose ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what have you got against 2005 ?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #20
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what have you got against 2005 ?
Absolutely , irrevocably , nothing

Just I feel reading ' old ' news gives me the temptation to re-open threads that people might just want to forget about . MR seemed less silly in those days ...
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel

i don't know, the "jay or nay friday" thread was from before my time, and had been woefully neglected until i resurrected it. everything's relative. some ideas are just too avant-garde when they're first proposed, and deserve a second chance. not all, obviously. some should be left to decompose in peace. use your judgement. also, i think there was an absurdometre around here somewhere which could help you decide.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #22
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i don't know, the "jay or nay friday" thread was from before my time, and had been woefully neglected until i resurrected it. everything's relative. some ideas are just too avant-garde when they're first proposed, and deserve a second chance. not all, obviously. some should be left to decompose in peace. use your judgement. also, i think there was an absurdometre around here somewhere which could help you decide.
absurdometer !

brilliant , in the words of a great politician ( ) " bring it on " ...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #23
TantricWarrior
Enthusiast
TantricWarrior has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Viewsonic G-Tablet (rooted), CyBook Gen3, Newton 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I use and enjoy the Similar Threads feature. I often find threads that I missed the first time around or other related information. Sometimes it offers interesting threads that I would not normally select. I favor keeping it.
ditto...
as a newbie to this list, while lurking, this lead me to lots of further reading on similar/parallel topics, some were irrelevant/out of date, but I liked the suggestions. Keep it.
TantricWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #24
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I'm relatively new, so I look at the related threads links -- if the last updated date isn't *too* long ago, I'll often check it out.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote