Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #31
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
One other thing and how do we say it? "This is a true story." The cards can be helpful in starting a fire out in the wild. Can your phone do that?

I enjoyed the discussion.

Actually it can, and is more useful then paper as you can make a compass, and other things...

http://lifehacker.com/5918564/make-a...ellphone-parts

That is of course if you are willing to sacrifice it...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #32
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My device is old enough, it does sometimes spark. Now and again, I can even start a fire without trying...

I never really thought of that as a feature before.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 AM   #33
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
If I'm lost out in the woods all I have to do is start playing solitaire and before I know it someone will be there to tell me which card to put down next.
I think that would be cheating.. A real Gentlemen doesn't need anybody to tell him which cards to put down next. Even in the woods.. That's why this games are called solitaire (at least in America, it's games of patience in Britain).

In solitaire, ideas come right out of your hands.

So it's a good example I think. Thanks a lot.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #34
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Actually it can, and is more useful then paper as you can make a compass, and other things...

http://lifehacker.com/5918564/make-a...ellphone-parts

That is of course if you are willing to sacrifice it...
I can do one better than that. If you have a watch with an analog dial you've got a ready made compass right to hand. 12 = north, 3 = east, 6= south and 9= west. If it's before noon just keep the sun lined up with the 3 and if it's afternoon line it up with the 9 and you know your cardinal points. It's an old Boy Scout trick.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
I can do one better than that. If you have a watch with an analog dial you've got a ready made compass right to hand. 12 = north, 3 = east, 6= south and 9= west. If it's before noon just keep the sun lined up with the 3 and if it's afternoon line it up with the 9 and you know your cardinal points. It's an old Boy Scout trick.
Unless you're in Australia.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
ERrr... if you can see the sun, you do not need the watch to know your cardinal directions. I guess that is an OLDER boyscout trick though
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you have a Kindle Paperwhite, you can focus the light from its screen on dry wood to start a fire .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote