Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
gotmilt
gotmilt began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Lightbulb Export library file attributes

I am an academic EE user (PhD student) and got the edge primarily so I could read papers on the eink side. One feature that is painfully absent from my edge is the ability to export the attributes (title, author, info box contents, date uploaded, etc) of files stored in the edge library to some manageable format so that, for instance, a bibliography can be made.

I have considered learning Android and investing too much time into making this possible. However, I know the process could be expedited if there is anyone out there who has already worked with the guts of the edge and knows how to do something like this.

Alternatively, I would be happy with a standard platform (Windows/Linux/Mac) solution that would take a .esi library backup and extract this same information. In fact, this is preferable in many ways.

Am I alone in wanting this potential feature?

Is it possible to read .esi library backups?

Is anyone interested in doing this?
gotmilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
Yes this would be very valuable. I would also like to be able to take the annotations done in a pdf and create a new pdf with the annotations as layers. This way the annotations would be available anywhere
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
academic, bibliography, export attributes, library, notes