Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #286
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Currently listening to I Dare by Sharron Lee and Steve Miller, read by Andy Caploe, the last book in the "Agent of Change sequence". These are the first books I've listened to by this narrator and he's done a very good job IMO. Now that I'm out the the credits I had saved up I'll have to listen to something non-Liaden next.
I've heard reports (on the Baen Bar) that there issues with the download of I Dare. Apparently a chapter is missing. A new download will be available at some point, but they haven't said when.

Also, I noticed that Audible 20% sale on credits. Should that be of interest. I certainly was thinking of supplementing my credits to be able to get the Theo Waitley series. Sure, why not. Done. Downloads started.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #287
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I've heard reports (on the Baen Bar) that there issues with the download of I Dare. Apparently a chapter is missing. A new download will be available at some point, but they haven't said when.
Thanks for the info, I haven't gotten to that part of the book yet. What bugs me when this happens (I've found and reported problems with a couple of David Weber's Harrington books) is that Audible continues selling it. It would be nice if they'd stop selling it until the problems are fixed after they've acknowledged they exist.

Quote:
Also, I noticed that Audible 20% sale on credits. Should that be of interest. I certainly was thinking of supplementing my credits to be able to get the Theo Waitley series. Sure, why not. Done. Downloads started.
Been there, done that. That's how I was able to get the last three "Agent" books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #288
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I haven't gotten to that part of the book yet. What bugs me when this happens (I've found and reported problems with a couple of David Weber's Harrington books) is that Audible continues selling it. It would be nice if they'd stop selling it until the problems are fixed after they've acknowledged they exist.

Been there, done that. That's how I was able to get the last three "Agent" books.
Well, I now have them all! And am reading Scout's Progress (book 5, reading in chronological order). I hope by the time I get to I Dare, they'll have it sorted.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #289
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hope by the time I get to I Dare, they'll have it sorted.
Hopefully, but keep in mind I reported a problem with 'War of Honor' by David Weber in early June and they haven't fixed it yet although they did awknowledge the issue.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #290
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm back in the Dresden Files, listening to Proven Guilty on the night train when I work late, and finishing up the last book of The Belgariad as my bedtime story. I kind of dropped Zelazny's Lord of Light, which I think I'll pick up as text at some point.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #291
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Hopefully, but keep in mind I reported a problem with 'War of Honor' by David Weber in early June and they haven't fixed it yet although they did awknowledge the issue.
Well, since I know the authors are aware of it, I suspect they'll do a bit of pushing from their side as well. Hopefully, between the two ends of the push, we'll get a fix fairly quickly. And knowing it's there, if I have to I'll just read that chapter on my Kindle and continue on...
Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #292
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Well, since I know the authors are aware of it, I suspect they'll do a bit of pushing from their side as well. Hopefully, between the two ends of the push, we'll get a fix fairly quickly.
I reported it as well, figured another person in the mix couldn't hurt.

Quote:
And knowing it's there, if I have to I'll just read that chapter on my Kindle and continue on...
LOL, that's exactly what I did last night (it's a very important chapter). I'm listening to Local Custom now (was able to buy a 2nd batch of 3 credits ) and notice it's got a problem too. Chapter 16's audio is there twice (once as part of chapter 15 and once on its own).
Old 09-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #293
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Yes. I thought I'd just mucked something on the listening on that one. But I think your right. Something is repeated.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #294
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I'm back in the Dresden Files, listening to Proven Guilty on the night train when I work late, and finishing up the last book of The Belgariad as my bedtime story. I kind of dropped Zelazny's Lord of Light, which I think I'll pick up as text at some point.
Kind of stinks that neither Belgariad nor the Zelazny books are legally available as ebooks since book sets of books are among my favorites. I too found the audio version of Lord of Light a bit lacking. I felt the same way about This Immortal. I think the reader is trying to capture Zelazny's faint cynicism with a world weary sort of voice, but it just didn't work for me. The reader for the Amber series is much, much better. I just started the Guns of Avalon yesterday after finishing off Brust's Jhereg.

Jhereg was pretty well done, but it's another book that I really wish was available in ebook.[not that those responsible for the ebook rights for these books are reading this thread, but if they are - Hey guys, you are leaving money on the table! Just do what Rowling did and cash in on it. If you are worried about piracy, don't be, all your books are already widely available on the dark net. You have absolutely nothing to lose.]
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #295
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I Dare Download Fixed

Quote:
I reported it as well, figured another person in the mix couldn't hurt.

LOL, that's exactly what I did last night (it's a very important chapter). I'm listening to Local Custom now (was able to buy a 2nd batch of 3 credits ) and notice it's got a problem too. Chapter 16's audio is there twice (once as part of chapter 15 and once on its own).
Sharon Lee is reporting on Baen that the Audible Download for I Dare has been repaired and the new one is up on Audible's download page.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #296
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Sharon Lee is reporting on Baen that the Audible Download for I Dare has been repaired and the new one is up on Audible's download page.
Good to know, that's a lot quicker than they've been in the past.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #297
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I'm concerned. The new version is a LOT shorter. I'm nowhere near listening to that book, so I think I will let someone else be the canary.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #298
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
I'm concerned. The new version is a LOT shorter. I'm nowhere near listening to that book, so I think I will let someone else be the canary.
It's quite confusing. I just redownloaded it to the iPhone app (on my iPod) and even after refreshing the library it gives the same length as before in the library listing (17 hrs 29 min), but when adding the times of the chapters together I get 12 hrs 40 min 29 sec for the redownloaded files. The website says it is now 20 hrs 56 min and a new install of the iPhone app on my iPhone says it's 14 hrs 56 min (& lists 2 parts).

The new part 2 ends with the "you have reached the end of a part, but not the end of the complete..." which makes me wonder if the book is now long enough to have a part 3, but no part 3 shows up in either app nor in my library on audible.com

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-25-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #299
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I've reported it over on the Bar. But we all know Sharon is in Temp Headquarters at "Archer's Beach", so that may slow things somewhat.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #300
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Liaden Universe - I Dare Audible Book

Confirmation from a member of the Bar -- it has now been split into three books, and if the third isn't showing in your Library, and email to Audible should fix that. New purchasers will not see the problem, but those of us who were early adopters may.

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations