Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Rojuun, Book 1 of the Willden Trilogy - John H. Carroll

Hello all. I wrote my first book. It's a high fantasy novel with adventure and a bit of humor.

Smashwords
Amazon
Kobo
Apple
B&N

Book 1 of The Willden Trilogy:

Tathan left home at the age of fifteen in order to travel the world and live a life of adventure. Fourteen years later, he has come home to the valley where he was raised. He found the adventure along the way, but it hadn't always been the sort of adventure one dreamed of; with dragons, maidens, knights and treasure. Most of it was much darker; with dark alleys, knives, and a primal struggle for life at the lowest levels.

Liselle is a young woman of seventeen years whose parents wish her to marry soon. However, marriage is the last thing on her mind when she has never seen anything beyond the lonely valley where she lives. Liselle spends much of her time talking to the flowers about how she feels and they listen to her intently.

Vevin is something else entirely. His home was recently stolen from him by a terrible creature who hurt him badly. Now he is looking for a new home. Preferably something with a large area to keep his treasure . . . once he acquires some.

Rumors are spreading about a new race called "Rojuun", who appeared from the depths of the mountains eight hundred years ago with the intention of taking over the world. It is their understanding that humans exist to serve them. They are a bit disappointed that the humans don't seem to be aware of that fact.

The Willden Trilogy is an epic fantasy that follows the adventures of Tathan and his companions through the Willden Forest and into the depths of the world. A new race called Rojuun has appeared in the world and is threatening to make humans their servants. It is the companions' task to learn more and perhaps rescue a princess if they have the time.

Last edited by John Carroll; 03-15-2022 at 09:09 AM. Reason: removed "Free"
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello all. http://bargainebooks.blogspot.com/

Rojuun was featured on the Bargain eBooks blog site. #105. There are numerous other ebooks on sale at a bargain. Holly Hook who runs the site, is a young adult fantasy writer and you can find links to her books there. Definitley worth checking out.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
John Carroll
kookoo

After a few months of studying the market, I've brought the price of "Rojuun" down to $2.99 to match what other Indie Authors are selling novels for. My short stories are, as always, still free.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
John Carroll
kookoo

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/31154
March 6-12 is read an eBook week and Smashwords is doing a site-wide promotion. I've joined in on it. Rojuun is 50% off this week, so you can get it for $1.50. Type in the coupon code: RAE50 when prompted. All four of my short stories are always free.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Can't beat $1.50, bought!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bought it for $1,50 ... feels more like stealing though ... *cough*
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
John Carroll
kookoo

Thank you and thank you . . . oh . . . I mean Ouch! Ouch! quit beating me up. Just don't take the girl!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Now's the time to buy it, but I've gotta say this: Rojuun is worth every penny of the regular price and then some. It is one heck of a good read!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
John Carroll
kookoo

Originally, I was going to wait until Smashwords distributed, but it sounds as though that will still be a while. I really like Smashwords and want them to succeed, so hopefully it will work out soon.

I apologize to anyone who hasn't bought the book because it wasn't at Amazon. However, I've now done so: http://www.amazon.com/Rojuun-Willden...1238019&sr=1-1 On another note, Book 2 "Anilyia" will be published to both Smashwords and Amazon later this week.

Oh. And I've also enabled lending. and there's no DRM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
John Carroll
kookoo

Rojuun by John H. Carroll is now free at smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/31154

I've decided to make my first book free to introduce more people to my fantasy genre novels. One of the biggest complaints about my short stories is that they're . . . short!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #11
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Well you know we can't pass up Free!! So got a copy and put it in my to read stack

Thanks
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #12
John Carroll
kookoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
Well you know we can't pass up Free!! So got a copy and put it in my to read stack

Thanks
Sweet! Thank you. I'll be happy if you read it whenever you have the chance, even it your to-read stack puts it at five years from now.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
John Carroll
kookoo

It is also free on Amazon now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TXS0DI
Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
John Carroll
kookoo

I've done a new edit of "Rojuun". In it, I've removed 12,000 words of unnecessary wordage, removed a number of adverbs, cleaned up some grammar and missing punctuation.

No actual story content has been changed and you probably won't notice a difference other than the fact that it reads a little smoother.

The new version is available on Smashwords and Amazon, but it hasn't been distributed elsewhere yet.

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/31154
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TXS0DI
Old 08-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #15
John Carroll
kookoo

Rojuun is now available in print as well. https://www.createspace.com/3862977 I've done up a new cover, which you can see in the original post.

The good news is that most of you are ebook readers and it's still available at all stores for free.

Tags
fantasy, rojuun, science fiction, tathan, vevin