Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Waiting by CD Clement on FEEDBOOKS

The debut short story of our very own Peverel is now available on FEEDBOOKS for all to read.

Quote:
So what becomes of us as we loose our faculties. Where do we go and what secrets do we learn? And do we discover that all our sacrifices were worth while?

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/6298

This story has a Moejoe rating of 5 Mojos out of 5 Mojos (that's a lot of Mojo!!) So what are you waiting for? The apocalypse? For that Stephen King hernia-inducing novel to be released? Get thee hence to FEEDBOOKS immediately and download the story!!

Last edited by Moejoe; 07-02-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks moejoe for the alert !!! downloading in 3... 2... 1...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I downloaded for Sony Reader and got a PDF. I was expecting an LRF so I deleted the PDF and downloaded the ePUB.

Thanks for the heads-up.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I downloaded for Sony Reader and got a PDF. I was expecting an LRF so I deleted the PDF and downloaded the ePUB.
Feedbooks has never produced .lrf files -- rather, they produce very nice PDF files sized perfectly for the Sony reader. And now, ePub books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I don't like their pdf format for sony reader, the print is miniscule and if I use the large function, the lines don't reflow. Any advise? Would the epub be better?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow, thank you Moejoe
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:00 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I don't like their pdf format for sony reader, the print is miniscule and if I use the large function, the lines don't reflow. Any advise? Would the epub be better?
i always use epub from feedbooks and i find them excellent, but just so you know, you can also create a "custom" pdf using your choice of font size, margins, etc. if you prefer that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hope you don't mind a bit a friendly criticism: the story itself is well-written, but personally I'd be instantly put off it by the description of it on Feedbooks:

Quote:
So what becomes of us as we loose our faculties. Where do we go and what secrets do we learn? And do we discover that all our sacrifices were worth while?
"loose" should be "lose"; there should be a question mark after "faculties" - it's a question; "worth while" should be "worthwhile"; you really shouldn't start a sentence with the word "And" - it is a conjunction.

As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression, and, had I not looked at the story and discovered that it was indeed well-written, my initial impression would be "do I want to read an author who can't write a grammatically correct description of his own story?"

Last edited by HarryT; 07-03-2009 at 05:20 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #9
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hope you don't mind a bit a friendly criticism: the story itself is well-written, but personally I'd be instantly put off it by the description of it on Feedbooks:

"loose" should be "lose"; there should be a question mark after "faculties" - it's a question; "worth while" should be "worthwhile"; you really shouldn't start a sentence with the word "And" - it is a conjunction.

As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression, and, had I not looked at the story and discovered that it was indeed well-written, my initial impression would be "do I want to read an author who can't write a grammatically correct description of his own story?"
Thank you Harry, the comments are much appreciated. That will teach me to rush and not proof the small bits.

And the starting with a conjunction is an interesting debate. I was taught not to at school (quite a while back) but see a wider accetance of it now, although I probably cannot justify my use of it.

Last edited by Peverel; 07-03-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Unfortunately people do judge a book by its cover (or, in this case, its description), so I think it's important to get it right. I enjoyed reading the story very much indeed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Thank you Harry, the comments are much appreciated. That will teach me to rush and not proof the small bits.

And the starting with a conjunction is an interesting debate. I was taught no tto at school (quite a while back) but see a wider accetance of it now, although I probably cannot justify my use of it.
About starting the starting a phrase with a conjunction (oops, sorry Harry ): This is called a figure of style and shouldn't be heartlessly ruled out as a grammatical error!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #12
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Very nicely written, Peverel... I don't see any other books by you on Feedbooks, but I'd like to

Thank you for sharing your book with us.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #13
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Pev, I told you already what I thought of Waiting, but I want everyone to know it too: I love it - I am now a fan/stalker!

Thank you so much for daring to share!

Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Thanks Pev. Your story was personally relevent. My mom has, and continues to, sacrifice herself for her kids.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Peverel

I really enjoyed reading your book. I found that it was indeed very well written. I didn't want the story to end! I hope to see and be able to read other stories by you.

Thank you again for putting this up for us to read.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote