Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #661
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@Rayures

I never thought of enhancing the recent addition page like you explained. I'll think about it but to be honest that will not be high on my todo list

@Ileo

Thanks for your report : I almost never use ratings, I don't use XP and I only use Firefox. That certainly explains why I didn't saw it. I'll try with Chrome to fix it.

Last edited by vlad59; 10-24-2013 at 11:11 AM.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #662
lleo
lleo began at the beginning.

Device: nexus10
Thanks Vlad for looking into the rating icon. I myself do not really use the ratings either, but was bothered by the UTF8 like character or empty boxes instead of stars and could not really make them go away, except deleting all ratings I had on my books. Alternatively you could make the list of attributes showing a user configurable list.
Thanks!
lleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #663
josephus333
josephus333 began at the beginning.

Device: various
Hi,
First thx a lot for the hard work resulting in this great Tool.
I' m using cops on a Synology NAS. I began installing cops in the web directory, wich seemed to work fine on the very first test, but when changeing to multiple libraries coverloading failed, first some of them then all...now I reinstalled cops with the library outside the web-folder, and again it works fine, trying to change to multiple libraries results again in missing covers and now even in download errors...
I haven 't any experience with neither php, Apache nor Linux. So i allready had a lot of trouble , but now i'm completly stuck.
What Do I have to enter for $config['calibre_internal_directory']? Something like the Code i used to define the libraries in the first place doesn't seemed to work f.e. $config['calibre_directory'] = array ("xy" => "/volume1/ebook/xy/", "." => "...")';
It only works when
$config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '/volume1/ebook/xy/';
and only for the xy library...additional libraries have no covers an download is impossible. No matter wich device or if opds or html...
How can i define the $config['calibre_internal_directory'] correctly?
josephus333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #664
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
/*
* The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
* containing all the formats.
* BEWARE : it has to end with a /
* You can enable multiple database with this notation instead of a simple string :

Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = array (
"My database name" => "/home/directory/calibre1/",
"My other database name" => "/home/directory/calibre2/");
In your case:
Code:
"My database name" => /volume1/ebook/XY/",
"My other database name" => "/volume1/ebook/XZ/");
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #665
josephus333

Sry, but perhaps I didn`t make it clear enough...

The multibased Libraries are pointed to like you wrote, ande like it is described in the config_default.php...
"xy" => "/volume1/ebook/xy/",
"xz" => "/volume1/ebook/xz/",
"yz" => "/volume1/ebook/yz/");

Does not work for Covers or download.
It only workes with:
$config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '/volume1/ebook/xy/'
for the one library xy.
Trying to use the same string like is used before for the $config['calibre_directory'] in the $config['calibre_internal_directory'] is not working:

$config['calibre_internal_directory'] = array (
"xy" => "/volume1/ebook/xy/",
"xz" => "/volume1/ebook/xz/",
"yz" => "/volume1/ebook/yz/");

...it has no covers and the dowload is not possible...

By the way, i spent 2 days reading this thread and testing cops to avoid a posting showing that I am an idiot... so I hope it isn`t that simple to answer by copying a part of the config_default.php, because I tried reading the most of the code hoping to find my error...
But thanks for the quick reply anyway, its confident to know that there are people willing to help and as I saw most of the time also being able to help
Old 10-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #666
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@josephus333

If you're not using Nginx (you're using a Synology NAS so that's true), you don't need to specify $config['calibre_internal_directory'] (it should be explained in config_default.php).

Setting $config['calibre_directory'] is enough.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #667
josephus333

Okay I just should stop reading, it always shows up what you really are...in my case an idiot...
What confused me was your post #145 where you described your installation on a Synology NAS...I just thought it would be with the same server running...
Anyway thanks a lot it now works.

Just the search using the opds with my Galaxy Note and Aldiko isn`t working.

With $config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "1";
there is no way to start a search.
With $config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "0";
I can start a search but resulting in "404 not found"

But I think this has already been dicussed here anywhere so I`ll try to find out myself...
Thanks a lot again really appreciating your work...
Old 10-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #668
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephus333 View Post
Okay I just should stop reading, it always shows up what you really are...in my case an idiot...
What confused me was your post #145 where you described your installation on a Synology NAS...I just thought it would be with the same server running...
Anyway thanks a lot it now works.
Don't be so hard with yourself. In the past $config['calibre_internal_directory'] had to be filled but that's not true anymore so old posts can give false hints .

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephus333 View Post
Just the search using the opds with my Galaxy Note and Aldiko isn`t working.

With $config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "1";
there is no way to start a search.
With $config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "0";
I can start a search but resulting in "404 not found"

But I think this has already been dicussed here anywhere so I`ll try to find out myself...
Thanks a lot again really appreciating your work...
IIRC Latest version of Aldiko should handle standard search so you should use :

$config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "0"

I might be wrong, but I was a member of the beta test team of Aldiko 3.0 and it worked fine with my own COPS catalog.

To make it work you may have to add :

$config['cops_full_url'] = "http://www.myurl.com/cops/"

I may be mandatory with Aldiko (like it is with Mantano).
Old 10-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #669
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
I think that for OPDS search (not for browser search)

or

$config['cops_full_url'] = "http://<IP-of-Synology-on LAN>/ebook/"

is always needed.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #670
josephus333

You were right, now everything works perfectly...thx again...

It just too much information at once, beginning to use a linux system, running a server and trying to read and php and or html code for the first time during one week...you`re never sure where you lost the red line...but this project helped me a lot making my way to more understanding, so perhaps in the future i can give back...
Old 10-27-2013, 03:17 AM   #671
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
I think that for OPDS search (not for browser search)

or

$config['cops_full_url'] = "http://<IP-of-Synology-on LAN>/ebook/"

is always needed.
With FBReaderJ (Android) it's not needed but you're right, I'll modify config_default.php to make it clearer.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #672
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
nvrmind, changed the code myself

Last edited by At_Libitum; 10-29-2013 at 07:54 PM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:11 AM   #673
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Thank you for this great software, it's really amazing how easy is to create a private on-line library with Calibre and COPS.
I have just a little little question, now that we have THIS, I want to add kepubs to my online library.
I added the string
Quote:
$config['cops_prefered_format'] = array ("EPUB", "KEPUB", "PDF", "AZW3", "AZW", "MOBI", "CBR", "CBZ");
to config_local.php, but this didn't the trick

It works only if I modify the same row in config_default.php adding KEPUB.
It is normal or I'm missing something?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #674
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
If I may make a request, from the comment regarding custom columns I understand this area to be in development? If so, would you consider extending this to the standard 'columns/categories' as well?

the reason is I would like to remove the languages category from both the web and feed output but don't want to empty the info in Calibre to have COPS suppressing the language category. And I might want to add for instance the Publisher category.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #675
Gemeinagent
Gemeinagent began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey, thanks for the great work. I just set up COPS on my Synology DS212+ and it works great. However, I have two questions:

- when opening the website on my Kindle Paperwhite, it looks very condensed. Sadly, I cannot change the CSS style, as nothing happens when I select a different style. I guess this means my Kindle is not supporting Ajax? Can I change the default theme?

- the aldiko reader lets me browse my library, but it does not show covers. Should it? Other than that, it's working great. The Covers are showing on my Kindle, BTW...
Gemeinagent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology