Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
RobertMN
RobertMN began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
The dreaded underlined blue TOC

I created an ePub with InDesign (and "export to Kindle" plug-in) on an iMac. The results are fine, except for the underlined blue text in the TOC. Would like to use the black-type and lineless style created in InDesign. Is this possible?
RobertMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertMN View Post
I created an ePub with InDesign (and "export to Kindle" plug-in) on an iMac. The results are fine, except for the underlined blue text in the TOC. Would like to use the black-type and lineless style created in InDesign. Is this possible?
Blue and underline is the (traditional) reader default for Links

You could supply an Extra CSS to override

a, href {text-decoration: none; color: black;}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
RobertMN

Thanks, theducks. But in what document do I add this line? The InDesign mobi export? Or in the Calibre EPUB document?
Old 09-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, theducks. But in what document do I add this line? The InDesign mobi export? Or in the Calibre EPUB document?
Calibre EPUB conversion Extra CSS section
or edit the CSS file and put it at the END so it overrides any previous CSS selectors

You could get a monochrome reader and not have to worry about the blue part
Old 09-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
RobertMN

Thanks once again. Almost there, but in case you haven't guessed, this is all new to me. So . . .

Where do I find this Calibre EPUB conversion Extra CSS section or the CSS file for my EPUB document? In the Calibre Library folder? (I'm on an iMac.) If I can open the CSS file, the fix should be easy.
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks once again. Almost there, but in case you haven't guessed, this is all new to me. So . . .

Where do I find this Calibre EPUB conversion Extra CSS section or the CSS file for my EPUB document? In the Calibre Library folder? (I'm on an iMac.) If I can open the CSS file, the fix should be easy.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

In case you're still having trouble, it's in Calibre's EPUB conversion output options; look for the extra CSS tab under the look and feel section.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
RobertMN

Grazie

Thanks to both of you (for the code and where to find this option). It worked.

Tags
toc problem