Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #46
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
Could be, but I'm used to seeing initial purchase orders in the thousands for stock like this. Five per store isn't that many when you consider how long follow-up orders tend to take for stock like this (two to four weeks has been the average time in my experience). That said, my experiences haven't been with JB, but another large-ish Australian electronics retailer with a different ordering system (JB has one less layer of bureaucracy with their ordering process).

As far as I know, too, the Touch has been fairly popular. Most of the JB stores I've been to since they started carrying it have had ten or more in stock at any one time. If it is five Glos and one Mini per store, that's really not many.

Maybe I'm just over-thinking this.
We're also going through a phase of seeing some well known Australian companies closing their doors with huge debts. JBHiFi could be controlling their debt, or are overstretched in the credit area and can't order too much $$$ worth of product.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #47
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Or it could be that the manufacturer didn't have any more to sell at this point - didn't someone mention in another thread that their were production delays or issues or some such?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #48
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
If it is five Glos and one Mini per store, that's really not many.
Ummmm... the 1 mini was a joke...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #49
Bronwyn
Bronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo
JB Hi-Fi ( Geelong )have Kobo Minis - 7 to be exact but no Glo. They must be getting them soon because they have pink sleep covers. I assume they are for the Glo. I checked in Officeworks but just got a shrug of the shoulders
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #50
Shankill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Ummmm... the 1 mini was a joke...
I realised after replying, but the effort required to amend my post was too much for me to bear, and so I had a lie down instead.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #51
malcolmkobo
malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.malcolmkobo for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo mini
Hi all, I work for Kobo but I head up content acquisition here and in Asia. I did ping the device guys last night though to see if I could get a date for you and Im told that freight systems willing the Glo should hit the shops by the 3rd
cheers
Malcolm
malcolmkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #52
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good one Malcolm!!!

Welcome to mobile Read, I hope you get to enjoy yourself in the general Forums as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #53
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JB-HiFi has the Glo on their website. Awaiting stock, usually ships within 4 days.
$159, except for the pink one, which is $149.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #54
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Harris Tech - $138 - still 'no stock' (+ postage)

Harvey Norman - $160 - no stock against NSW postcodes. (First time I've seen them mentioned on the website, so prob means they're on their way to Narv Norm)
Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #55
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
And Bookworld are now listing a specific date - 4th December.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #56
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Bookworld price:

$159.99 (no delivery charge)
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #57
murg
No Comment

JB Hifi had the Mini in-store today. It is so small and cute...

They are expecting the Glo... well...when I asked, my favourite JBHiFier went to one of the netbooks on display, brought up the public JB HiFi website and checked it out. She then did something on her magic JB Hifi Tech device. Couldn't give me an availablity date.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #58
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmkobo View Post
Hi all, I work for Kobo but I head up content acquisition here and in Asia. I did ping the device guys last night though to see if I could get a date for you and Im told that freight systems willing the Glo should hit the shops by the 3rd
cheers
Malcolm

I guess what Malcolm is saying is that the agreed Australian release date is Monday 3 December.

Well, only 2 days before we confirm that, eh!!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #59
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

No Glo on the shelves today.

Office Works have suggested this Friday, 7/12.

Wait and see, eh.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #60
murg
No Comment

JB didn't have the Glo today. And didn't know when they'd show up.