Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2024, 08:57 PM   #1111
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I use Calibre-web + kobo-sync API and books are automatically available on my Libra 2 in .kepub format. It's wonderful. The trade-off is that I don't physically connect to calibre to send metadata. I'm putting this up front because I'm requesting cover span support at the device-level and I know people are going to say 'use kobo touch extended' etc. For my use, and anyone that also uses kobo-sync (e.g., my family, kids, devices etc), I'd very much appreciate having full-screen covers without connecting to our family 'server' computer. I'll also note that I'm totally ok with the (to me) imperceptible distortion introduced by spanning covers. For example, when I open a book and see the fullscreen cover it looks fine, but then on lockscreen it's pillarboxed, which I find distracting on the nightstand.

Thanks for hearing me out, and I'm hoping this is a valid use-case for this kind of support at the device level.

Last edited by mgrimace; 04-27-2024 at 09:03 PM.
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:41 AM   #1112
oooogz
oooogz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I have a request for the Libra 2's notebook - it would be wonderful if the pen side button activated the select/lasso function instead of the highlighter. That would significantly improve the notebook's usability. I'd be incredibly grateful if anyone could help or offer a pointer in the right direction.
oooogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 11:25 PM   #1113
veteene
veteene began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra colour
Smile Kobo info panel on lock screen contact information

Hey everyone, I'm new here. Just got my first Kobo, the Libra Color. I'm not too savvy with coding and programming. I've noticed that you can customize the menus a lot using plugins. But I'm wondering if it's doable to add contact information on the info panel when it's sleeping (like shown in here: https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...e20cad3fdf51c5). Also, it would be neat if we could adjust its opacity.

Not sure how to replace the 'sleeping' with contact information, but it seems feasible, right? Maybe keeping the 'sleeping' text and adding another text in the middle with that info in a smaller font (like in shown in here: https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...eb8259333ad050).

I've seen some patches about adjusting the position, size, and opacity of the info panel, but they seem to be for older models, and I'm not sure how to set up my transparency percentage.

I've read suggestions about using a personal screensaver to add this info, but it defeats the purpose of having a color display to showcase book covers. Also, someone on Reddit mentioned adding a watermark to all book covers, but I'm clueless about how to do that. Still, I think adding the name would be a nice touch for the info panel on the locked screen.

My Kobo hasn't arrived yet, so I can't try or test these things. And as someone mentioned on reddit, the patches aren't available for my Kobo Libra just yet. Is anyone else interested in this patch?

I'm still amazed at how many customization options the Kobo offers. I believe it'll be a great upgrade from my Kindle Paperwhite. Cheers
veteene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 09:16 AM   #1114
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Veteene, how about this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ghlight=custom

I've been meaning to try it.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 06:30 PM   #1115
veteene
veteene began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Veteene, how about this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ghlight=custom

I've been meaning to try it.

Wow , I really liked the option of putting a password on the device and having a message saying who the owner is and the contact in case of losing the Kobo. Is it possible to use just that and not have another info panel on top? Does anyone know how to only use the lock screen? This way, only the book cover would appear when it's asleep or turned off. As I mentioned before, I've never done anything with HTML and programming. But seriously, I found this way of the password lock screen amazing! I really want to put this on my Kobo haha. Thanks for the post, John F.
veteene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 06:55 PM   #1116
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by veteene View Post
Wow , I really liked the option of putting a password on the device and having a message saying who the owner is and the contact in case of losing the Kobo. Is it possible to use just that and not have another info panel on top? Does anyone know how to only use the lock screen? This way, only the book cover would appear when it's asleep or turned off. As I mentioned before, I've never done anything with HTML and programming. But seriously, I found this way of the password lock screen amazing! I really want to put this on my Kobo haha. Thanks for the post, John F.
What one friend and I did for his Kobo was to generate a text image with his name, email address and phone number. This was copied into a screensaver (exact name and it is case sensitive) directory in the .kobo directory. See this thread for more: Random Screensaver. The image we created matched the 1440x9120 resolution of his Forma.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests