Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #1
wildoatz
wildoatz began at the beginning.

Device: LG G Stylo
Python error & now Book Details is on the Side

Got a python error when starting Calibre today & when I restarted the Book Details was on the side instead of the bottom where I've had it for years. How do I get it back on the bottom? Dragging doesn't do it & I see nothing in "Look & Feel" to change that.

Also, have plugins installed & their icons disappeared from the menu bar (Favorites Menu) & I've lost the R-click options I opted for when I installed them. I'm using the latest version of Calibre. If I remove & reinstall the plugins will I lose the work I've already done with them, such as the Goodreads Sync?

Last edited by wildoatz; 06-27-2017 at 11:52 AM.
wildoatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look & Feel->User interface layout->Narrow

As for plugins, typically reinstalling them does not affect any data, but to be sure you have to ask in the individual plugins thread.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
wildoatz
wildoatz began at the beginning.

Device: LG G Stylo
Book Details? Plugins fixed

Thanks for the reply! I managed to get everything the way it was except for the Book Details pane. Any ideas? Would be nice if you could save your layout as a preset.
wildoatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildoatz View Post
Thanks for the reply! I managed to get everything the way it was except for the Book Details pane. Any ideas? Would be nice if you could save your layout as a preset.
The post from Kovid IS the way.
It becomes the starting default if you exit Calibre normally . ABENDS may not save current changes. Always quit calibre properly
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@wildoatz - settings have a way of hiding themselves

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	157581

At a guess I'd say your configuration folder suffered some data loss.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert