Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
New Christmas Holidays Design Contest to win free Pocket PRO

Dear All:

NO, you do not need to become a facebook friend.

This is a design contest to design Christmas-themed warm-up and closing screens that can be used on our units:

Who: Anyone can enter (over the age of 18). You do not have to own or buy an Astak eBook reader to participate. You also do not have to become a Fan of Astak on Facebook (although we would appreciate that ).

What: Design requirements: two grayscale pictures in BMP or JPG format, 600×800 pixels each, depicting a Christmas or holiday theme. One picture must be for the start-up screen of the EZ Reader Pocket PRO, and another picture for the shut-down screen. The start-up screen must legibly contain the words “Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO”, and the closing screen must contain some phrase that indicates that the unit is shutting down. You must submit a picture with your own original drawing or original photo. If it contains drawings, illustrations, or photographs that you are not legally allowed to be used, then we cannot select them as winners.

When: Contest runs from October 28, 2009 through November 15, 2009 (ends midnight PST).

Prize: Winner gets a free 5” Pocket PRO in the color of their choice!

This time my illustrious marketing crew actually stated rules and gave full info. They did not ask for my advice; but it looks like fun. The so-called "RULES" are easily stated. I still wish they would ask my input first... but the "Wild Bunch" rode without me. Please forgive some poor English and grammatical mistakes.

http://www.facebook.com/astakinc?v=w...pp_95936962634
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Much surprised. I expected interest.

Dear All:

Wow! Not one response. IT appears this contest, which I thought you would enjoy, is headed to no takers.

Is there something we are missing?
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Is the contest located somewhere that *doesn't* require a Facebook account to read it? (I believe I'll eventually break down & get a FB account. Probably. In the meantime, FB content pretty much doesn't exist for me.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
Robertb

Must have facebook account!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Is the contest located somewhere that *doesn't* require a Facebook account to read it? (I believe I'll eventually break down & get a FB account. Probably. In the meantime, FB content pretty much doesn't exist for me.)
Dear elfwreck:

Good post!! I think they are still trying to build up the facebook friends thing. You do not have to become an Astak Facebook Friend but they way they set it up you must have a Facebook Account.

I do not know. I am not consulted before they do these contests.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Wow! Not one response. IT appears this contest, which I thought you would enjoy, is headed to no takers.

Is there something we are missing?

You've got to give us time to create something. I just copied two pictures, now I need to edit and design them, if I can.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
Robertb

Sorry, AJ... understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
You've got to give us time to create something. I just copied two pictures, now I need to edit and design them, if I can.

AJ

Dear AJ:

Sorry. We are looking forward to your entry. It is just that the Pumpkin contest had 40 comments in a few days. We were getting scared.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Dear AJ:

Sorry. We are looking forward to your entry. It is just that the Pumpkin contest had 40 comments in a few days. We were getting scared.
Most of the people I know on FB use it for connecting with old friends or people they know in real life. They don't use it for looking at company sites. Most of the people I know on the blogging platforms, or who frequent message boards, dislike Facebook's image- and code-heavy layout and all the annoying widgets, plus lack of serious discussion areas.

The market for ebook readers doesn't hang out on Facebook.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:

Well put Elfwreck. I was one of the unhappy contestants for the original "facebook" disappointment!
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Well put Elfwreck. I was one of the unhappy contestants for the original "facebook" disappointment!
Leep, wait till Monday before you decide you are unhappy!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Most of the people I know on FB use it for connecting with old friends or people they know in real life. They don't use it for looking at company sites. Most of the people I know on the blogging platforms, or who frequent message boards, dislike Facebook's image- and code-heavy layout and all the annoying widgets, plus lack of serious discussion areas.

MobileRead has a FB page with over 1000 fans. I would bet a few of these people might have a bit of interest in ebook readers.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Leep, wait till Monday before you decide you are unhappy!
Well, since I wouldn't join facebook, think that disqualified me.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #12
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Well, since I wouldn't join facebook, think that disqualified me.

cheers
I seriously don't think so. Robert stated that joining FB was NOT a requirement for the pumpkin contest. I'll let you know after I get my new Pumpkin Pocket Pro in the mail.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:17 AM   #13
LudekTalian
LudekTalian began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Kindle4, OnyxBoox AG2
question

OK... So, I have some pictures, and I'd like to try fortune... But...
How can I post the pictures?
Via E-mail? Or directly into this thread?
Thanks for advices...

Last edited by LudekTalian; 11-02-2009 at 06:49 AM.
LudekTalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:21 AM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by LudekTalian View Post
OK... So, I have some pictures, and I'd like to try fortune... But...
How I can post the pictures?
Via E-mail? Or directly into this thread?
Thanks for advices...
Follow the competition link Robert posted in his initial post in this thread. The rules state the pictures are to be uploaded to the facebook page, however I do not believe you need to be a member of facebook to enter.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Dear elfwreck:

Good post!! I think they are still trying to build up the facebook friends thing. You do not have to become an Astak Facebook Friend but they way they set it up you must have a Facebook Account.

I do not know. I am not consulted before they do these contests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
I seriously don't think so. Robert stated that joining FB was NOT a requirement for the pumpkin contest. I'll let you know after I get my new Pumpkin Pocket Pro in the mail.
It is. Look at the bolded remark.

I presume it's for US/Canada only? (beside the fact that I"m with Leep, I refuse to create a facebook account).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote