Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Sapa888
Sapa888 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
PW not remembering book location

I'm having a problem with my PW where it isn't remembering my last page after going back to the home page, it just starts the book back at the beginning. I've tried this with several books, removing them and trying again and also resetting the device. Has anyone experienced this? It's extremely frustrating. Sometimes a book remembers its position and then I make the mistake of adding another book which messes it up. It means I can only really have one book on the PW at a time as I'm too worried that adding another book will cause me to lose my page on whatever I am currently reading.
Sapa888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Sapa888
Sapa888 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
It's not remembering the page at all now even though I only have one book on my PW, a book which was previously working fine and remembering the page. The only way I can read a book and remember the page is to make sure I keep it on the book, never pressing the home button.
Sapa888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
This might be better asked in the Kindle forum as it's a problem with the Paperwhite and Calibre isn't the cause of the issue.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
This happened to me once years ago. Seems to me the problem was the MBP file which is created when a book is put in the documents folder. Plugging your reader into the computer via the USB cable, look in the documents folder and see if an MBP file has been created. As I understand it, that's what's responsible for the reader to know where you stopped reading. My problem at the time was there was something in the metadata that wasn't acceptable. Some character in the title, if I remember right.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote