Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 01:33 AM   #796
nicolas161
Enthusiast
nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi! I have a problem.

When I try to connect to a wifi network with my Kobo Glo HD via Kobo Start Menu and tap "wifi ap scan.sh" it does not detect any network. Does anyone know a fix?

Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind, I needed to install the latest patch. It works perfectly now.

Last edited by nicolas161; 10-09-2017 at 02:23 AM.
nicolas161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:39 AM   #797
nicolas161
Enthusiast
nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Actually, I now have another problem. After installing the patch, the USB connection doesn't work. When I tap "usb enable.sh" it says "enabled" but the computer doesn't recognize the device. It worked before applying the patch, but now it doesn't.

If I connect via "USB dirty" I can transfer files without any problem, and if I connect the device while on nickel it works as expected. But not on KSM with the normal USB connection.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

EDIT: Also the wget scripts on the wifi page don't work. If I choose, for example, "x wget w1.weather.gov.sh" the only thing I see is an "exit_code:_1" error message. Wifi works with Koreader, Pbchess and nickel, though.

Last edited by nicolas161; 10-10-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Advert
Old 10-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #798
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas161 View Post
Actually, I now have another problem. After installing the patch, the USB connection doesn't work. When I tap "usb enable.sh" it says "enabled" but the computer doesn't recognize the device. It worked before applying the patch, but now it doesn't.

If I connect via "USB dirty" I can transfer files without any problem, and if I connect the device while on nickel it works as expected. But not on KSM with the normal USB connection.

Is there any way to solve this problem?
Are you running a rather old firmware? With one of the last patches, I broke backwards compatibility with regard to the usb connection. I will fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas161 View Post
EDIT: Also the wget scripts on the wifi page don't work. If I choose, for example, "x wget w1.weather.gov.sh" the only thing I see is an "exit_code:_1" error message. Wifi works with Koreader, Pbchess and nickel, though.
Since I wrote these example scripts, the web pages have changed the protocol to https, and the onboard version of wget cannot handle this. One of the provided example scripts does still work (I cannot remember which).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #799
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I updated the patch package.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #800
nicolas161
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Are you running a rather old firmware? With one of the last patches, I broke backwards compatibility with regard to the usb connection. I will fix that.

Since I wrote these example scripts, the web pages have changed the protocol to https, and the onboard version of wget cannot handle this. One of the provided example scripts does still work (I cannot remember which).
Thank you very very much for the update, tshering. It works like a charm now.

And you are right regarding wget; one of the scripts does indeed work.

Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #801
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Good news for H2O2 owners

I have just tested a pre-release version of pbChess from Sergey and it is working with touch input, so we should be unblocked soon!
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #802
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver View Post
I have just tested a pre-release version of pbChess from Sergey and it is working with touch input, so we should be unblocked soon!
This are good news! Are you willing to try KSM with the new driver? If yes, please tell me in which condition your H2o2 is now. I mean especially the state of KSM (completely uninstalled, still installed but disabled by runsettings.txt; anything else).
Old 10-14-2017, 05:27 PM   #803
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Just to cross post here, for all who have H2O2, they can found version with support here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=450
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #804
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This are good news! Are you willing to try KSM with the new driver? If yes, please tell me in which condition your H2o2 is now. I mean especially the state of KSM (completely uninstalled, still installed but disabled by runsettings.txt; anything else).
KSM is completely uninstalled, I believe, although pbChess is installed. If necesssary I can do a factory reset/reflash.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:19 PM   #805
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
KSM is completely uninstalled, I believe, although pbChess is installed. If necesssary I can do a factory reset/reflash.
factory reset/reflash is not necessary. I just wanted to know from where we start.
If you really removed everything of KSM, please install it again (without patch). If the kbmenupngs folder with its pngs are still there, there is no need to copy it anew, just make sure that the pngs are still available in the library.

I upload here a new patch, please install it as you did when testing the other time (since for security reasons the device boots into KSM only every second time, it works like this: the KoboRoot.tgz is processed only when the device boots directly into nickel; the patch becomes active the next time the device boots into KSM.)

If we are lucky it works immediately after the patch is applied. However, if the screen is rotated, we have to start anew with tests. (I want be here until tomorrow afternoon/night European time).

When you start pbchess by a png from within nickel, this will only work when the device boots directly into nickel. I just mention it.

Edit: updated patch package.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KSM08_ext_aura_one_05h_only_for_h2o2_test.zip (25.4 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by tshering; 10-19-2017 at 03:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:43 PM   #806
geekraver
Addict

Still no touch

It boots up with the right orientation (see attachment), but still not responding to touch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5924.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	690.0 KB
ID:	159461  
Old 10-15-2017, 05:39 AM   #807
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
It boots up with the right orientation (see attachment), but still not responding to touch.
Thank you for the quick response. I did a silly mistake. I have replaced the package above by a new one. It should now use the new touch driver. I increased the font size also a bit. Next interesting point is whether the screen orientation stays constant, or whether it starts switching when you return from nickel back to KSM.

Last edited by tshering; 10-15-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:43 AM   #808
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is KSM finally working on the H2O2?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:45 AM   #809
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is KSM finally working on the H2O2?
I hope geekraver will tell us soon.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:03 AM   #810
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I hope geekraver will tell us soon.
If KSM is working, does that mean that KOReader can then be made to work?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote