Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 08:29 PM   #1
kotsnirvana
kotsnirvana began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help for decision study purposes

Hello i want to but an ebook e-ink reader. I am reading for like 4-5 hours a day. I want access to my Google drive read my pdf books and take notes on the pdf on the fly. Save directly to my drive.

I main read an night but some times i read in day light. Battery is an issue i want big battery.

So e-ink for my eyes, lot of hours. Pdf from Google drive. Online access to drive. Able to highlight text on pdf on the fly. I mostly read at night.

Please guide me which one to take.
kotsnirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #2
kotsnirvana

noone? please share your thoughts with me
Advert
Old 04-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
patrik
Evangelist
patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook InkPad 3
This has been asked many, many times here. Search and you will find.

(Most will say to get a tablet. not e-ink but works with pdf.)

Have you looked at Remarkable?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
kotsnirvana

I d have read two or three pages and I didn't find a suitable device for my needs. E ink and Google drive isn't mentioned anywhere below

What is the remarkable is it a device is name?

what about tablets will my eyes be ok if I read for like seven eight hours this is the main reason that I want to go to an eink device
Old 04-07-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
patrik
Evangelist
patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.patrik can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook InkPad 3
Seriously? You can't even be bothered to Google remarkable (or remarkable eink)? And you wonder why there is no answers...

For g-drive you are probably best off with an Android e-ink device. You may want to look at the brand Onyx (but also google android e-ink for other possibilities).

Good luck.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2019, 03:12 AM   #6
kotsnirvana

remarkable is very good, but very expensive for me.
so i guess eink android is an one way road for me.

can you please give me a good solution taking in consideration battery life, 10 inch screen (or maybe 8) and google drive support? i really care about batter with wifi on, since i am working online all the time.

95% of the files i am working are pdf's but since it's android i don't thing this is an issue.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
As others have said, Android on e-ink is your best bet. Check out the Onyx forum to get some ideas.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=220

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote