Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #16
Robert Bitzer
Enthusiast
Robert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Kindle Oasis2, Sony PRS-650
FYI, I changed the language to Chinese and was able to update to firmware v2.1. Then changed language back to English.... works great. Really like the changes to Neoreader and the Note apps!
Robert Bitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:14 AM   #17
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I was using the Note as my primary reading device, but now that the Pro has arrived, it is time to pass the Note along. That seems preferable to using it as a paperweight.

If my wife ends up liking the and using the Note, maybe she'll eventually upgrade to a Pro. I would certainly encourage it. However, she is always hesitant to invest too much money in expensive tech as she has a tendency to lose and drop things. She's lost two phones and one ereader over the last several years. There have been other close calls where I have picked up a phone or ipad that she has left behind when we have been out somewhere. And then there have been the drops...

But I'd still encourage her to get a Pro if she ends up liking and making good use of the Note.
Wow, got it. May be your life will be prefer the latest bags instead of techs. I also decide to upgrade my note to Note Pro. Since I need to read at night and I need the frontlight of the Note Pro.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 12:16 AM   #18
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bitzer View Post
FYI, I changed the language to Chinese and was able to update to firmware v2.1. Then changed language back to English.... works great. Really like the changes to Neoreader and the Note apps!
What changes have made to the Neoreader and the Note Apps? Does the eraser work well in the latest firmware? I planned to upgrade to the latest firmware in my Note later.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:11 AM   #19
Robert Bitzer
Enthusiast
Robert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipse

This is a review of the Nova Pro, but it shows a lot of the features of the new firmware.

https://youtu.be/GQPCwb2Xd0c

Last edited by Robert Bitzer; 03-25-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:31 PM   #20
Simon_31
Enthusiast
Simon_31 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox max, onyx boox note pro, kindle paperwhite
Hello,

Last night, my Onyx Note Pro battery completely discharged during the night, without any reason...

Did someone else experience the same trouble? Could it be a software issue?
Simon_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2019, 01:25 PM   #21
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
That's disturbing. I haven't had that and hope not to. This unit seems to have a longer lasting battery than my Kobo Aura One.
I just updated the Onyx's firmware so we'll see if I introduced a new problem.
kndlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #22
Simon_31
Enthusiast

My 2 other onyx boox (max and note) are perfectly fine, the battery lasts a super long time.
Just this new one is suddenly showing an issue with the battery. I hope that it is firmware related. I am currently recharging it and see what happens this night.

Last edited by Simon_31; 03-30-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:11 PM   #23
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_31 View Post
My 2 other onyx boox (max and note) are perfectly fine, the battery lasts a super long time.
Just this new one is suddenly showing an issue with the battery. I hope that it is firmware related. I am currently recharging it and see what happens this night.
I haven't noticed this on either my Note Pro, which doesn't yet have the latest firmware installed, or on my Nova Pro, which does have the latest firmware installed.

So far, the battery on both devices is performing as expected.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #24
Robert Bitzer
Enthusiast

So far so good for me, and I've installed the 2.1 firmware. If something happens, I'll post here. Really enjoying the Note Pro.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:34 AM   #25
Simon_31
Enthusiast

This morning, everything is fine... Battery is at 95%, and it has not been fully discharged as last night. Strange strange strange... I'll see how it evolves along the week.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #26
Tomy Tani
Tomy Tani began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
I have just upgraded my Note to Note Pro. Is there any way to move my existing handwritten notes to the Pro?
Tomy Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #27
Simon_31
Enthusiast

Just a quick update about my battery on the note pro: after one week, the battery only discharged of 20%, everything got back to normal.

So I guess that the sudden discharge was due to a random software issue... such as the note not correctly entering sleep mode... I don't see any other explanations...

But it's a good news for me, meaning that my reader is not defective
Old 04-08-2019, 05:12 AM   #28
mlang
mlang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Is anyone having the light leak dots when using the frontlight? I used to own the Kobo Aura one. While the frontlight was nice, I did notice several blight spots and they are very disturbing. If Note pro had the same issue, I would stay with my original Note. Thank you.
mlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #29
triumph627
triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Note Pro
I don’t have any light-leaking spots on my Note Pro. Everything is nice and uniform, both warm light and cool light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triumph627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #30
E_inkFuture
E_inkFuture began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
I ordered direct from Onyx, they had some promotion for a free charger and pen tips. I wonder if those tips will improve the glass writing experience, or if they’re just extras. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like it will come until May.

But to my question, how is pen latency? From videos it looks a bit similar to Remarkable. I’m a huge stickler for this, have been disappointed with most tablet/laptops’ wacom performance.
E_inkFuture is offline   Reply With Quote