Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #616
djspinacz
djspinacz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Thanks for reply,

I tried to turn the screen to landscape mode permanently but couldnt do it using config menu in KSM. I can rotate the screen using "toggle rotate" button, but I want to change this setting permanently. Could you suggest how to achieve this?

I managed to edit a script that downloads a specific file with wget command. I guess this is what you've called "inflexible" But it works for now.

Could you please tell more about starting a xcsoar/lk8000 app from KSM? Could you upload a script that worked for xcsoar? Maybe i could edit it to work with lk8000.

thanks,
Ł
djspinacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #617
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Yes, USB mass storage works in KSM, but not after Koreader is launched.
Koreader doesn't control USB (nickel does, as it is "only" software you have, at least they at Kobo think so). So, I activate USB in KSM, do what I want to do with it, deactivate it and then go to Koreader.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2019, 01:54 AM   #618
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
USB possibility in KSM is enough for sure. I am happy with the KSM+Koreader setup and grateful for the developers' long-term support and other volunteers' help on the forum. The new Koreader has improved a lot in terms of functionality and performance, compared to the old version I had used for a few years. More useful features. faster, and no freeze so far.

Last edited by jshzh; 04-04-2019 at 01:58 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #619
findog88
findog88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2
@tshering

The answer might be in the comments but I didn't want to read through them all.

When I open Plato or any other extension from the start menu besides KOreader it displays everything upside down.

I did have KOreader and Plato before I installed KSM but I deleted them before installing KSM.

Any help would be nice.
findog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #620
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by findog88 View Post
@tshering

When I open Plato or any other extension from the start menu besides KOreader it displays everything upside down.

I did have KOreader and Plato before I installed KSM but I deleted them before installing KSM.

Any help would be nice.
I see you have a Kobo H2O2 so please, read the open post comments about your model
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #621
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by findog88 View Post
@tshering

Any help would be nice.
Did you see changed start script for Plato 0.4.1+?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:12 AM   #622
wagga
wagga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi guys, please help me
I got a problem with the update of "KSM09_update002.zip" after my KSM screen it "upside down", means it get the touch as normal but the display rotated 180 degrees. My kobo clara hd is frozen after reboot. The kobo clara hd boot to ksm but it unrecognized any touch, then after few seconds, it informs:" Please handle your update files!" and keeps freezing. I can't connect it to my computer via USB. What should I do next?
wagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #623
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagga View Post
Hi guys, please help me
I got a problem with the update of "KSM09_update002.zip" after my KSM screen it "upside down", means it get the touch as normal but the display rotated 180 degrees. My kobo clara hd is frozen after reboot. The kobo clara hd boot to ksm but it unrecognized any touch, then after few seconds, it informs:" Please handle your update files!" and keeps freezing. I can't connect it to my computer via USB. What should I do next?
I am sorry that this happened to you. Unfortunately you did not see this warning in post 1.

Quote:
Clara HD is supported by a special version of KSM 9 (including also the "changed start script for Plato 0.4.1+"), which is available here. Thank you to CH23 for testing and uploading the package. Note: Do not install any of the currently available KSM updates (and also not KBStartMenu_09_restore.zip) over this package, since they are not designed for this version.
Please factory reset your device. You might need to google for how to do this.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #624
wagga
wagga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I am sorry that this happened to you. Unfortunately you did not see this warning in post 1.

Please factory reset your device. You might need to google for how to do this.
Thanks for reply, I did a factory reset and it restored to nickel. I should be caution to the note you told. Thanks, mate
wagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:55 AM   #625
shantyanty
shantyanty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Koreader not appearing

Hey there, I have managed to download KSM but am stuck on getting koreader to open. I have downloaded it into the koreader folder inside the .adds folder. I have tried it bpoth zipped and upzipped and neither seem to work. I am also not certain i downloaded the right file? I clicked on the first listed under "assets" on the following link https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s/tag/v2019.05

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited by shantyanty; 05-20-2019 at 02:56 AM. Reason: typo
shantyanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:23 AM   #626
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyanty View Post
Hey there, I have managed to download KSM but am stuck on getting koreader to open. I have downloaded it into the koreader folder inside the .adds folder. I have tried it bpoth zipped and upzipped and neither seem to work. I am also not certain i downloaded the right file? I clicked on the first listed under "assets" on the following link https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s/tag/v2019.05

What reader are you trying to install it on ? the first file on that list is a package for a Linux Debian computer - these are usually desktop or laptop P.C.s

There is a file that mentions Kobo if that is what you were aiming to put it on, that would be my first shot.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #627
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyanty View Post

You must install unzipped that file: "koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2019.05.zip",
and KSM will detect it without more user action
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:07 PM   #628
shantyanty
shantyanty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Finally got it working! thank you so much
shantyanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:57 AM   #629
ikkentobi
Enthusiast
ikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo h2o, kobo aura hd, onyx t68
customizing poweroff_info.html before shutdown

Hi,

I use KSM 09 on two devices for ages now. When I shut down the device, usually
the file kbmenu_user/txt/poweroff_info.html is displayed, until I turn it on again.

I customized this file somewhat. This is easy enough since it is just some static html.

However, is it also possible to modify this file just before the reader is shut off?
I'd really like to display

- the date and time when I last stopped reading
- the % of the battery

Any idea how this can be achieved? Help is appreciated.
ikkentobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #630
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentobi View Post
Hi,

I use KSM 09 on two devices for ages now. When I shut down the device, usually
the file kbmenu_user/txt/poweroff_info.html is displayed, until I turn it on again.

I customized this file somewhat. This is easy enough since it is just some static html.

However, is it also possible to modify this file just before the reader is shut off?
I'd really like to display

- the date and time when I last stopped reading
- the % of the battery

Any idea how this can be achieved? Help is appreciated.
If you want to create or modify kbmenu_user/txt/poweroff_info.html by script, adds/kbmenu/onstart/poweroff.sh would be the appropriate file to add your commands. You could add your commands anywhere above
Code:
pofile=${pofile:-"$ksmuser/txt/poweroff_info.html"}
If you would like to test your commands before you really write it to the above file, try them in adds/kbmenu/scripts/tests/poweroff_test.sh. This script does the same as adds/kbmenu/onstart/poweroff.sh apart from powering off.

Last edited by tshering; 05-21-2019 at 03:04 PM.