Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #556
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitha View Post
I was running penelope but when executing I obtain the following error
C:\penelope120dictzip-marisa\penelope3.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see the module's documentation for alternative uses
import collections, getopt, gzip, imp, os, sqlite3, struct, subprocess, sys, zipfile, xml.sax.saxutils
[ERROR] File drae.ifo not found or with wrong format. Aborting.

BTW, how can I convert this english-spanish? Or is it possible to someone to do it quickly?
Few days ago I converted Wordnet 3 Infused English-Spanish . It should be good for you.
(PS: Enriched with inflections and phonetic signs)

wordcount = 319014
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-es.zip (16.53 MB, 382 views)

Last edited by Owl_; 01-12-2020 at 11:21 AM.
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:54 PM   #557
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

German dictionaries

Months ago a friend asked me a german dictionary. I did two ones:

- a german-english multidictionary (it costed me an arm and a leg of editing work)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f0M...ew?usp=sharing

- a german-italian (a wide one of this kind is a black swan on the web)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fJn...ew?usp=sharing

(PS: The german-italian will appear as an german-german in the dictionaries' list)

Last edited by Owl_; 05-25-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Advert
Old 05-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #558
irukandji3
irukandji3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Could anyone convert this one?
Attached Files
File Type: zip sd-pwn-oxf.zip (9.87 MB, 224 views)
irukandji3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:38 AM   #559
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by irukandji3 View Post
PWN-Oxford PL-EN
wordcount=51033

PWN-Oxford EN-PL
wordcount=62585

check
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-pl-en.zip (5.42 MB, 261 views)
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-pl.zip (5.05 MB, 241 views)
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #560
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
is it possible to convert the Oxford dictionaries of the Kindle? I really like those ones …
You should be more specific...
Advert
Old 05-26-2019, 06:17 PM   #561
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
A number of posts have been deleted. Please do not post copyrighted material here (or anywhere else for that matter). The fact that your reading device contains copyrighted dictionaries does not mean that you can arbitrarily post them elsewhere without permission.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #562
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
is it possible to convert the Oxford dictionaries of the Kindle? I really like those ones …
Yes, it's possible, because they are just DRM'd mobi files. Once the DRM is stripped (using the usual Alf tools) the HTML content can be extracted with the calibre KindleUnpack plugin. At that point the tedious effort starts ... but it is do-able if you understand the well-documented and fairly simple Kobo dictionary format. The files are very large to manipulate so some basic coding skills (but not rocket science) are probably desirable.

It's all rather moot, though, because we wouldn't be allowed to post the resulting Kobo-ified Oxford dictionaries here, for copyright reasons.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #563
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by irukandji3 View Post
I enriched the EN-PL dictionary with inflections and IPA phonetics

New wordcount: 118680

enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-pl.zip (6.83 MB, 225 views)

Last edited by Owl_; 06-21-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #564
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

How must I edit this tabfile?

Hi,
I should edit a tabfile.txt so that, after gone through pyglossary and penelope, the final dictionary mantains the carriage return in the kobo dictionary.

For example: without carriage return the popup windows on the kobo shows:

entry
meaning other meaning another meaning

Instead I'd want to keep this original structure of the tabfile in the final kobo dictionary:

entry
meaning
other meaning
another meaning

Old 06-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #565
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

I wrote the previous post because I'm working on Wikipedia 2014.
I've found a wikipedia version of about 6GB compressed and I'm trying the conversion. Unfortunately the base txt tabfile is full of important carriage returns, that I can't render in the Penelope conversion.

Goldendict seems to read the carriage returns in the stardict version, but Penelope doesn't convert them...

Any idea is welcome

Last edited by Owl_; 06-07-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:19 AM   #566
cedy92
cedy92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma / Kindle Oasis
Dict-doubt

Hi everyone!

A question, is there any dictionary en-en capable of translating phrasal verbs and verbs tenses?
The built-in dictinary is quite poor and here I have not found any capable of that.

Another quesiton... when a word is not found... a searching tool pops up (google and wikipedia)... is there any way I can set another searching tool like wordreference?

Thanks in advance
cedy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:56 AM   #567
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedy92 View Post
Hi everyone!

A question, is there any dictionary en-en capable of translating phrasal verbs and verbs tenses?
The built-in dictinary is quite poor and here I have not found any capable of that.

Another quesiton... when a word is not found... a searching tool pops up (google and wikipedia)... is there any way I can set another searching tool like wordreference?

Thanks in advance
Here is a en-en multidictionary capable of translate the 99.99% of words. (It has been done using the biggest sources available on the web).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=507
Old 06-13-2019, 05:46 PM   #568
soreader
soreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Greetings

Anyone can provide a newer version of Dutch dictionary?
Monolingual or NL-EN would be greatly appreciated. I looked up already to find a stardict to convert myself but I was unable to find something more recent. Kobo's default monolingual is a 2011 version and the NL-EN here is from 2014. Sadly they are insufficient for anyone wanting to do serious reading so atm I'm also having a physical copy of Van Dale NT2 by my hand.
soreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:26 AM   #569
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreader View Post
Greetings

Anyone can provide a newer version of Dutch dictionary?
Monolingual or NL-EN would be greatly appreciated. I looked up already to find a stardict to convert myself but I was unable to find something more recent. Kobo's default monolingual is a 2011 version and the NL-EN here is from 2014. Sadly they are insufficient for anyone wanting to do serious reading so atm I'm also having a physical copy of Van Dale NT2 by my hand.
You should check
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-nl-en.zip (1.92 MB, 231 views)
Old 06-14-2019, 07:16 AM   #570
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
I found: 1) a good mobi version of "Wikt + CIDE" without repetitions or problems
and 2) A big and great en-en dictionary. Both of them report even the ancient and rare words. I added them inflections and IPA phonetics.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cw_...ew?usp=sharing

Open the dictionary_en-en.zip file and you'll find the dicthtml.zip that you must copy in the .kobo / dict folder of your ereader

Can you share a stardict version, it would be great
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries