Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #3271
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Looking it up by the previous title and author, one commenter mentions "murder mystery", so that's where the plot eventually goes.
Thanks for the assist!

I bought the book regardless based on enjoying Max Allan Collins and the synopsis sounded intriguing, mystery or no.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #3272
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
One of the three remaining Spenser titles by Robert B Parker that I need in e-book just dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK. Now only two DTB from that series on my shelf...woo-hoo!

God Save the Child is the second in the series: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BXFIZP8

Spoiler:
Quote:
When a fourteen-year-old boy disappears from a decent neighbourhood, everyone thinks he has run away. Everyone, that is, except private detective Spenser, who is hot on the trail of the missing boy; a trail that leads to corruption and a deadly partnership.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:42 PM   #3273
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Again $1.99 at Kindle US. Not dropped (as of now, at least) at Kobo US, but the link is still good for price checking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
A Sea of Troubles is the 10th in the Commissario Guido Brunetti series by Donna Leon. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (couponable/VIPable).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Troubles-...dp/B0097D79G4/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/a-sea-of-troubles-6
Old 05-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #3274
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The first in the series, The Godwulf Manuscript, has now also dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BXFIZLW

Sadly not one of the remaining two I need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
One of the three remaining Spenser titles by Robert B Parker that I need in e-book just dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK. Now only two DTB from that series on my shelf...woo-hoo!

God Save the Child is the second in the series: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BXFIZP8