Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
Pavati
Pavati began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Two separate 'tap forward' zones?

I'm using KoReader on Pocketbook TL3.
Is it possible to create two separate tap zones for "tap 1 page forward" on the left and right side of screen and invoke menu by tapping in the center? Like it is in Pocketbook?

Because some of my books don't work with KoReader (books from paid service, probably something with encryption), so I have to read them on default PB reader. When I switch between both readers I often get their tap zones mixed up and for example tap in the center for menu while in KoReader.

The zones I would like to achieve look like this in PB:

TIA!

Last edited by Pavati; 03-25-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Pavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:58 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Well, you can have one big zone for forward taking middle part and for backward, you can set lower part, but it would go across whole screen (not in 3 and 2 separate zones).

But, parts you don't touch, want be important to you.

To do that, you need to edit defaults.lua (rename it afterward to defaults.persistent.lua, so it doesn't get overwritten) in kobo root directory.

Code:
-- customizable tap zones(rectangles)
-- x: x coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen width
-- y: y coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen height
-- w: width of tap zone in proportion of screen width
-- h: height of tap zone in proportion of screen height
DTAP_ZONE_MENU = {x = 1/8, y = 0, w = 3/4, h = 1/12}
DTAP_ZONE_CONFIG = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 0, h = 0}
DTAP_ZONE_MINIBAR = {x = 0.1, y = 0.97, w = 0.9, h = 0.03}
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {x = 1/12, y = 0, w = 11/12, h = 1}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/12, h = 1}
Edit what is red to suite your needs. As you can see (this is how I set it for myself) you also use decimal numbers, not only fractions.

And for menu, it is either swipe down from top of screen, or can be some other gesture (now we have gesture manager).

Anyway, I think you can't get exactly as you want, but you can get close enough.

Last edited by Alan_S; 03-25-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Create a copy of defaults.lua and name it defaults.persistent.lua

Then modify the tap zones in defaults.persistent.lua. I think this gives the zones what you want. I use something similar on my Kindle except I don't have a tap zone for previous page at all. I use swipe for that. Majority of the touch area is set to forward on mine.
Code:
DTAP_ZONE_MENU = {x = 1/3, y = 0, w = 1/3, h = 7/8}
DTAP_ZONE_CONFIG = {x = 1/3, y = 7/8, w = 1/3, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_MINIBAR = {x = 1/3, y = 31/32, w = 1/3, h = 1/32}
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {x = 0, y = 1/8, w = 1, h = 3/4}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0, y = 7/8, w = 1, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_BOOKMARK = {x = 7/8, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_FLIPPING = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_NEXT_CHAPTER = {x = 6/8, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_PREV_CHAPTER = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Well, you can have one big zone for forward taking middle part and for backward, you can set lower part, but it would go across whole screen (not in 3 and 2 separate zones).
You can if you overlap zones. I have width set to 1 for DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD on mine with menu/config zones superimposed in the middle. Works okay on my Kindle (left and right taps go forward, middle tap brings up the menu).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Perhaps it is time to consider user developed "Templates" to set KOReader's UI to match other existing interfaces. I can see where someone might get familiar with a device's stock UI, and then only be comfortable if things work, on that device, in the manner they are used to. Then there those of us who may use KOReader on more than one device, and would like KOReader to function (to the extent possible) the same, no matter which device you are using it on.

As configurable as KOReader is, it should be possible to match the UI for any shared functions, with the use of such templates.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-27-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:41 AM   #6
psbernitz
Enthusiast
psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx Nova 2
hello on my nova2 in the koreader folder I don't have such a file which is called defaults.lua. How can I change everything according to my needs?
psbernitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:33 AM   #7
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...09&postcount=2
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #8
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Android
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3922499

non-Android
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3930863
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:25 PM   #9
everdred
everdred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Remarkable 2, Android, Linux
I just want to say that I'm incredibly thankful for this thread, and probably shouldn't be surprised that the functionality is built-in.

I don't mind the default functionality except that I feel like the two shouldn't extend to the absolute center of the screen, where it can be basically impossible to tell on which side of the center line you're tapping. A small dead zone would suit me.

Last edited by everdred; 05-29-2020 at 08:30 PM.
everdred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:01 PM   #10
everdred
everdred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Remarkable 2, Android, Linux
In changing this setting I realized that the default zones are actually not horizontally 50/50, as I had assumed they were. At any rate, 40/20/40 is working for me so far.
everdred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:55 AM   #11
airp
airp began at the beginning.

Device: kindl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Create a copy of defaults.lua and name it defaults.persistent.lua

Then modify the tap zones in defaults.persistent.lua. I think this gives the zones what you want. I use something similar on my Kindle except I don't have a tap zone for previous page at all. I use swipe for that. Majority of the touch area is set to forward on mine.
Code:
DTAP_ZONE_MENU = {x = 1/3, y = 0, w = 1/3, h = 7/8}
DTAP_ZONE_CONFIG = {x = 1/3, y = 7/8, w = 1/3, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_MINIBAR = {x = 1/3, y = 31/32, w = 1/3, h = 1/32}
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {x = 0, y = 1/8, w = 1, h = 3/4}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0, y = 7/8, w = 1, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_BOOKMARK = {x = 7/8, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_FLIPPING = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_NEXT_CHAPTER = {x = 6/8, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_PREV_CHAPTER = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}
Good day. I also have a Kindle, I tried to make the bottom of the screen to turn the page in front. I was advised the following code:
Dtap_zone_backward:
h = 0.5
W = 1
X = 0
y = 0
Dtap_zone_forward:
h = 0.5
w = 1
x = 0
y = 0.5
But my status bar disappeared and it disappears every time I open a new book. You need to go into the settings, uncheck the "show program indicator" box and put it back on. Then it appears. I don't really need a progress indicator, and it's not very convenient to turn on the status bar all the time.
Please help me how to fix the problem.
Sorry for possible mistakes, I am writing through a translator.
airp is offline   Reply With Quote