Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question can't open Google Playstore

I have a Fire tablet 5th generation, and carefully followed the directions for installing the Google Playstore from this website.
https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how...n-fire-tablet/

When I click on the Google Playstore icon on the reader, the screen flashes and then goes back to the home screen. I can't get Google Playstore to open. Anyone have an idea on this?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I have a Fire tablet 5th generation, and carefully followed the directions for installing the Google Playstore from this website.
https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how...n-fire-tablet/

When I click on the Google Playstore icon on the reader, the screen flashes and then goes back to the home screen. I can't get Google Playstore to open. Anyone have an idea on this?
You are more likely to get an answer if you posted in the Kindle Fire forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
flglavin
flglavin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire; Kobo aura One
Have you changed the security setting on your Kindle Fire? Go to settings/security and turn on the item that says"apps from unknown sources". Then reinstall Google Play Store app and see if that helps.
flglavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:08 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I added Google play store several time over a months time frame...never could get it to work for me Good Luck Fire 5th gen
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:19 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It's easy to get it to work on 5.0 and above. All you need is 4 Google apps that make up the framework.

This is the tutorial I used. Installation order does matter. If it's the new Fire 10 then use the alternative Play services for Fire 8.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ama...-fire-t3486603

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 10-25-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is the tutorial I used. Installation order does matter. If it's the new Fire 10 then use the alternative Play services for Fire 8.
I wondered about that when I did it on my new Fire 10, but the instructions specifically mentioned using the alternative Play Services apk for the "Fire HD 8 2017 (seventh generation)" so I didn't install the alternative. I've experienced no issues, though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
That's good to know someone in the thread did use the alternative and it worked too. So maybe it doesn't matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote