Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
Please help! Stuck at startup

I updated my wife's original kobo to 1.8.1 firmware. Everything was fine at first. After leaving the Kobo sit for a couple days she went to turn it on and it keeps cycling through the startup screen, but won't launch.

I tried reseting it with a paperclip - no luck.
I can get it in to update mode (blank screen), but it won't show in windows or in the kobo desktop app.
When I check the device manager in windows (vista) I can see it there, but that's it. I can't do anything to it. If I take it out of update mode it just cycles endlessly through the startup screen.

Yes it was fully charged (although I sure it's draining now)

Any ideas, that I can try, before I contact Kobo for help??
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Have you tried to force the update again? Control+Shift+U should restart the update process...
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
yes I have tried to force the update many times. No luck.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Probably time to leverage that warranty, unfortunately.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
Bravo
Bravo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Reader
I had a similar problem though my problem started as soon as the upgrade was complete. I emailed the Kobo support email address a week ago, but unfortunately still have not got a response from them.
Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Try the new support place: http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo They seem to get to things like this much more quickly. They may need/ask for your ticket number.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote