Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 04:15 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Question another SD card bug

i have previously read and posted about the SD card removed unexpectedty & other bugs in fire OS 5.6
toady I opened by fire HDx to see the dropbox app icon ( via Goolge play) greyed out and tapping it brought up a messages saying something like " the SD card this app was installed to has been removed".
but not only does my HDX not have an SD card, it does not even have an SD card slot !
all is clearly not well with fire os 5.6
( a reboot fixed it, but still... )
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:58 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Mine said that today...App is on SD Card...well Card WAS in but still no App I just Tapped the App it re-downloaded. No Biggie.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:20 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
It seems to be a bug with home screen icons? Strange to see that message on a device which has no SD card slot though. Before restarting I could still launch the app from the apps screen but not from the home screen
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:55 AM   #4
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
Im getting the same issue, this started after last update. I had a sd card 6 months ago. the fire seems to be mess up sd card, I have a SD cards that can't be formatted and one that is not working right. I had fixed the error before by reinstalling all my apps. I don't want to keep doing this. Anyone have a better fix
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
This is for 2017 Fire devices, but maybe it will work for other models.

https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/...gle-play-apps/

There are two methods to try.

One with no reboot required:
Open the Amazon Fire tablet’s setting menu.

Choose the Apps & Games option.

Tap Manage All Applications.

Swipe to the Running tab.

Tap the three dots in the upper right corner and tap the show cached process option.

Select the option that says Home Pages.

Tap the stop option.

One with reboot required:
Open the Amazon Fire tablet’s setting menu.

Choose the Apps & Games option.

Tap Manage All Applications.

Scroll to Appstore, and click it.

Click on Force Stop, and then click OK to confirm.

Then clear the cache, and reboot your tablet
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
I had to many, reseting the fire tablet was the easy way for me.
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote