Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 05-11-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Schaff, Philip: The Holy Bible American Standard Version. v1. May 11, 2019

This is the American Standard Version of the Bible, completed in 1901. There are at least a couple other editions of this in the Mobileread library, so here is a quick summary of what this one offers:
  • Footnotes. I've found no other ebook anywhere whether free or for sale that includes the original translators' notes.
  • Original translators' prefaces (Old and New Testament).
  • Multilevel (book, chapter) navigation that doesn't rely on a nested NCX.

I also put a few dozen hours into proofreading and fixing paragraphs. I've corrected several hundred errors, though the vast majority are admittedly minor (punctuation and capitalization, mostly).

My preference for navigation would be a properly nested NCX table of contents, but most ereader software flattens the NCX entries so there is a massive list of books and chapters to scroll through. I created HTML tables for books and chapters for quick navigation. The unfortunate fact that I used tables means that not all reader software will handle them gracefully, though. My goal was to make the Bible usable on my phone and tablet with Bluefire reader, which uses Adobe's RMSDK. I've used it on an Android phone, an Android tablet, and an iPad with iOS 12. It passes epubcheck v4.0.2 with no errors or warnings.

I'm still ironing out kinks as I find them, but it's pretty usable at this point. Feel free to offer suggestions.

Here are some screenshots of Bluefire Reader on my phone:

This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub ASV-Difflugia-1.0.epub (2.33 MB, 387 views)
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
luthobu
luthobu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Xperia Z
Thank you!
luthobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert