Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Calibre & Moon Reader Content Server Issue

For some reason, today I can't seem to connect to the Calibre Content server from Moon Pro. It was working fine a couple of days ago.

I have reset everything- the content server, Calibre, my laptop, the app, and my tablet. Nothing seems to work, and nothing has been changed at all. It just won't connect. Whenever I try, the wheel spins, and it gives me "Error: connection refused".

Can anyone offer me any more advice to try, before diving into searching thread after thread for answers?
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:08 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does the problem lie with Calibre or with the reading app? Ie can you connect to the Calibre server from other apps or devices? That's the first thing to determine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2016, 12:27 AM   #3
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

I've tried connecting with Moon Reader and with Calibre Companion, both from the same tablet, and nothing.

I just tried connecting with my daughter's Fire, and no luck there either, but I'm not too knowledgeable about the Fire. It seems to be on my computer end, but not sure what's changed in the last two days.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:32 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Given, then, that it appears to be a Calibre issue, I'd suggest asking in the Calibre forum. What response do you get when you try connecting to the Calibre server from your web browser?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:12 AM   #5
diremommy
Zealot

When I run the test server, it works fine, it opens the page in my browser, and I can see all my books. I'll ask over there, thanks! I was just hoping someone here would know something.

OK, after trying everything else I could think of, regarding my tablet and my laptop, firewalls, updates, antivirus software, etc, I thought to restart my router, and that was it. Back to normal, connecting just fine. So problem solved, and thanks so much for trying to help!

Last edited by diremommy; 08-04-2016 at 01:21 AM.
Advert