Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-23-2023, 12:11 PM   #106
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Finished my last book - Claire Keegan's Small Things Like These in one sitting. So my challenge is now complete!
Well done and thanks again for this interesting challenge
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 02:00 PM   #107
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Finished my last book - Claire Keegan's Small Things Like These in one sitting. So my challenge is now complete!
Congrats! And echoing Uncle Robin's thanks.

I finished my 11th book yesterday, so I have one to go.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2023, 02:05 PM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Well done. I look forward to the next challenge.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 06:08 PM   #109
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Congratulations from me too. I have just started on my 12th book, as it's The Last Chronicle of Barset which staggers in at over 1200 pages on my iPad. So I thought I needed to start now to get it done in December with all the other things that will be happening then!

Thanks again astrangerhere - it was a great idea and good fun to match books in the TBR heap to the themes.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 05:27 PM   #110
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Congratulations from me too. I have just started on my 12th book, as it's The Last Chronicle of Barset
I have several favorite Trollopes and this was one of them. A lot of nuance and things not working out exactly as one would expect. A fantastic ending to a wonderful series (and so much better than Dr. Thorne!).

Having finished the two six-novel series (can one refer to them as hexalogies, or is that pretentious?) and having to range further afield, I find Trollope's novels to be much more hit-or-miss. None is terrible, but some are less than terrific. I've just started The Vicar of Bullhampton and so far, it's promising.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2023, 06:30 AM   #111
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have several favorite Trollopes and this was one of them. A lot of nuance and things not working out exactly as one would expect. A fantastic ending to a wonderful series (and so much better than Dr. Thorne!).

Having finished the two six-novel series (can one refer to them as hexalogies, or is that pretentious?) and having to range further afield, I find Trollope's novels to be much more hit-or-miss. None is terrible, but some are less than terrific. I've just started The Vicar of Bullhampton and so far, it's promising.
Yes, I'm certainly enjoying it. Great to have Mrs Proudie back being utterly odious!
Old 11-28-2023, 01:39 PM   #112
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I caved and finished my December book a couple of days early, to make room for this year's Dean Street December. Great fun and an enjoyable way to wrap a fascinating challenge. Looking forward to next year's!
Old 12-02-2023, 07:25 PM   #113
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I will have the 2024 challenge up at StoryGraph by the end of the week! I will post a link here and probably start a 2024 thread here in the forums
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 08:54 PM   #114
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I will have the 2024 challenge up at StoryGraph by the end of the week!
Hey great! Thanks for your work putting this together.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 07:15 AM   #115
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
I will have the 2024 challenge up at StoryGraph by the end of the week! I will post a link here and probably start a 2024 thread here in the forums
Thank you for all the effort, kind stranger
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 02:49 PM   #116
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
The challenge is now live on StoryGraph and here on MobileRead!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 10:20 PM   #117
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Thanks astrangerhere. I shall contemplate my TBR heap and make my selections.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:06 PM   #118
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
The challenge is now live on StoryGraph and here on MobileRead!
Thanks so much for setting this up! Almost done with another entry. Not likely to get the last 2 done, but that's ok.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 12:59 PM   #119
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I managed to finish the 2023 challenge on January 1st. Not bad since I was so behind.\

But for some reason, Storygraph isn't marking December as complete, even though it recognizes that I have read my December book.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:02 PM   #120
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I managed to finish the 2023 challenge on January 1st. Not bad since I was so behind.\

But for some reason, Storygraph isn't marking December as complete, even though it recognizes that I have read my December book.
That might have to do with the designated end date for the challenge. If the challenge had an assigned end date, any books finished after that date won't be recorded as complete for the challenge.