Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #46
Tigerlee
Tigerlee began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60
Boox Sreensaver Manager

Hi all,

I come across a neat screensaver manager which you may place it in the flash memory or the SD card in the Boox reader.

You can download it from this website:

http://sites.google.com/site/booxpowerpack/downloads

However Boox 60 takes only precise 600x800 pictures. You may use any photo editing program or download a freeware called photofiltre to do that.
Tigerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #47
silentfish
Onyx Boox User
silentfish began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Yep, that program is written by me will have a new release with auto resizing/cropping features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlee View Post
Hi all,

I come across a neat screensaver manager which you may place it in the flash memory or the SD card in the Boox reader.

You can download it from this website:

http://sites.google.com/site/booxpowerpack/downloads

However Boox 60 takes only precise 600x800 pictures. You may use any photo editing program or download a freeware called photofiltre to do that.
silentfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #48
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Sorry for the delay here is the Boox Manual (version 1)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf boox60usermanualv1.0.pdf (2.41 MB, 3559 views)
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:46 AM   #49
Tigerlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentfish View Post
Yep, that program is written by me will have a new release with auto resizing/cropping features.
Silentfish,

Thanks for the wonderful program. I look forward to even more useful utilities from you
Old 11-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #50
Tigerlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Sorry for the delay here is the Boox Manual (version 1)
Thanks, Dulin.
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #51
dutchchili
dutchchili began at the beginning.

Device: none
web browsing experience

Can anyone elaborate on the web browsing experience?
Given the high sales price in Europe, and no fysical shops to test the device myself, I'd like to make sure I have a full-blown browser and are not limited to google and wikipedia.

- Is it possible to surf to any site a view it? For example, this forum?
- Can i surf to a bookstore like B&N / BOL.COM and actually download en ePUB eBook to the device and start reading?

Responses much appreciatedd
dutchchili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #52
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't try to download a book from B&N because they don't have epub yet. I did however use B&N's free wifi to get to Google Books and download a free epub. I also browsed rx8club.com since I spend a majority of my on-line time there(im an admin) and it was the first place I thought of.

Ill try later on to get a shot of mobileread on the webkit browser.

-charlie
Old 12-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #53
casper
casper began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox 60
usb connection on the boox 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You can transfer the files over the USB cable. But before you do that you need to format the internal sstorage of the Boox. Go into the Settings menu, and select "format flash". Until you do this the Boox will not be recognized by your PC.
Bought an Onyx boox 60 today. Prices have dropped recently, saw €349 already on the web (Holland). It all seems to work well, exept for the usb connection. Connecting to PC will make the Boox switch to USB mode, it even asks wether i want to connect, but the PC will not recognise (or even see) the unit. I have tried with win XP and Vista, even with an Mac, all same result. Tried to format the flash memory, no result. Tried it with and without an extra memory card, tried after reset (with a the little button behind the cover), no cigar. Still I cannot believe the unit is malfunctioning since everything else seem to work perfect.
Anybody any clever thoughts???
PLEASE

Casper
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #54
casper
casper began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox 60
browsing with onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchchili View Post
Can anyone elaborate on the web browsing experience?
Given the high sales price in Europe, and no fysical shops to test the device myself, I'd like to make sure I have a full-blown browser and are not limited to google and wikipedia.

- Is it possible to surf to any site a view it? For example, this forum?
- Can i surf to a bookstore like B&N / BOL.COM and actually download en ePUB eBook to the device and start reading?

Responses much appreciatedd
Today i browsed to bol.com and downloaded a free book. It is all a bit clumsy and takes some time to get used to the awkward controls, but in the end, i goty the book of Tom saywer on my Boox. Did not try any commercial books, but i guess this should also work.
So in question to your answer...... YES.

Casper
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:04 AM   #55
dutchchili
dutchchili began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your update Casper.
What do you means by the awkard controls?

The usb issues shounds strange. Perhaps it is only your unit since the issue is not much reported. Maby Onyx support can help you out with this one.
dutchchili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:00 AM   #56
jlinden
Connoisseur
jlinden began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle DX, Sony TS-1, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox M96
Hi,

I know from the manual that you can search in the book you're reading, and in the metadata of books, but is it possible with the Boox to search for any word in for example a whole folder or in all your material as with the Kindle? If not, this would be a dealbreaker for me.

Thanks,
Jan
jlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #57
Dulin's Books
Wizard

yes it will search the whole folder and sub-folders for your search term and return the list of items containing what you searched for.

-charlie
Old 12-09-2009, 04:52 AM   #58
jlinden
Connoisseur

But will it look in the metadata, title author etc. or will it look in the text of all the files in the folder. From the manual I cannot make sure. The Kindle does search in the texts of books.

Thanks,
Jan
Old 12-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #59
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Well its supposed to be full text search BUT just now when i tried the name of a character in a book it did not return any hits. so it looks like it just looks in the metadata unless you are searching in a book.

I need to email them about that.

-charlie
Old 12-10-2009, 03:14 AM   #60
jlinden
Connoisseur

I was afraid of that !
Thanks for the info,

Jan